Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This weekend Busch Cup races at Nashville Superspeedway - Ambrose took a third place finish there in the F150 last year, so could have a good race.

“For some reason, on those concrete tracks, I get a good feel on them. I ran well at Dover, and I just feel like I can feel the car advancing on the concrete tracks. Nashville being slightly smaller than a one-and-a-half-mile speedway – like Lowe’s or Texas – I think is good for me, too, because the speed is slightly slower and you can be more aggressive behind the wheel."

My money is on one of the better teams picking him up for 2008... he may well be ready to fight for a tp 3 finish then. Or, perhaps go to Nextel fulltime in 2008.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ambrose is currenty the highest in the points among non-Cup drivers in the Busch series.

He's with the Woods brothers under Ford's wing, so if he continues this I could see him replacing Ken Schrader as the part-timer in Cup next year, or more likely running one more year in Busch.

I'm not sure where he'd go in terms of a full time Cup ride next year...Maybe replace Rudd in the #88? There's the aforementioned Wood Bros. car, but they already have a rookie they are grooming for that ride. Maybe the Wood Bros. will expand, if they have a sponsor it could well happen.

All that aside, is there any plan to run MA in a Cup car this year? Road course, or end of the season on an oval?
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He plans to run the Road Courses in Cup, and up to 8 (or was it 10?) other races, somehow I don't think any/many of the oval races will happen, then if he tries to get in, qualifying could keep him out anyway. However, I do hope he does do it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He just loves these concrete ovals?

07/04/2007

AMBROSE MAKES SOLID START TO NASHVILLE WEEKEND

Marcos Ambrose has made a solid start to proceedings for the Pepsi 300 with a strong run in practice at Nashville Superspeedway in Lebanon, Tennessee today.

Ambrose was 16th fastest in both main practice sessions in the #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion at Nashville as well as fourth fastest in rookie practice.

In both main sessions, the Australian was the second-fastest Raybestos Rookie of the Year contender.

Ambrose and the #59 Kingsford team kept improving the car over the course of the day’s practice and are confident of a strong run tomorrow.

Ambrose finished third at his last visit to the Nashville Superspeedway, gaining third in August last year at the concrete surfaced speedway in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.

Ford drivers Carl Edwards and Stephen Leight topped both of today’s major practice sessions, with Shane Huffman fastest in Rookie Practice.

Qualifying will be run tomorrow and be followed by the Pepsi 300, the seventh race in the 2007 NASCAR Busch Series.

Marcos Ambrose – #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion

“It was a pretty good day overall and we did a lot of work on things over the day,” said Ambrose.

“The Kingsford car ran well and we were making gains as a team over the course of the day. If we keep this up the goal will be to qualify in the top 10 tomorrow.

“This track feels really good to drive and for whatever reason it suits my style quite well. I always feel comfortable around here and I’ve got a good feel for the car here in practice.

“It’s all looking good and with the way this team keeps improving I think we can look towards a good result tomorrow. We’ll certainly be giving it our very best effort.”

I HOPE HE HAS A BETTER RACE than "BRISTOL THE BULLRING"
    HE DESERVES ANOTHER TOP10 FINISH

GO AUSSIE GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"