Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rahal to D&R

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    Mark, I have to agree with all you said. The potential is there and at 21 he has time to develop. SFR obviously thought he was a good choice and so does DRR. Is he as good as some like to project? Hard to tell-yet.
    I do know this much. I think the series needs he and Marco to be better. If and when Danica leaves, they will be the biggest American NAMES in the eyes of many, and it would be nice if they assumed a leadership role in this series. Graham I think is very capable of it, Marco I am not 100 % sure. On the track, I think either one of them could go either way, but I really want Graham to join RHR as the faces of the American driver in this series. The kid speaks well....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Not exactly cheery news to hear both Graham and Ryan Hunter-Reay say that they have no idea whether they'll be in the next race. If not for the pit violation, Hunter-Reay would have likely been in the hunt for a win. And Graham was running very strong until a bum radio threw him off sequence. D&R's money issues I can sort of understand. But to have Andretti Autosport not be able to find a (consistent) sponsor for a driver of Hunter-Reay's caliber would be like Mercedes announcing that Nico Rosberg was race to race because of funding... or Hendrick announcing that Mark Martin was race to race because of funding. I've never heard the first bad thing about Hunter-Reay. And in addition to being the poster boy for the series sponsor, he's clearly a very talented racer - if AA was a two car team, you'd want Kanaan and Hunter-Reay (or is that just stating the obvious?). It would be a shame to see him not be able to race, while the weak kitten on that team (who wants to leave anyway) is bathing in funding.

Well, good luck to both Graham and Ryan in securing seats for the next race... and the rest of the season.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Speaking of the "weak kitten", there was no post-race TV interview with her at all yesterday, and yet the universe didn't collapse, the sky didn't fall, and we got to hear from some great racers, with some interesting things to say about their day. Good for Versus!

I really hate to see Graham and Ryan left hanging regarding any more racing this year. And not because of the usual "they're AMERICAN". Because they're both good racers, who give it their all on track every single time, and can be coherent in an interview about their race afterwards.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is a poor point in the season for race to race deals that is for sure. I hope like heck somebody realizes common sense. RHR is in the hunt for a longshot at a championship with 5 roadies coming up. Rahal is already out of the hunt based on his deal from the start of the year but still, any experience he can get with some of these lesser teams will only help him next year in my opinion. So with those that, I am excited that PT is in the next 3, albeit with 2 different teams (heck Rahal is on his 3rd already this year)! Pretty hard for those guys to get any chemistry and do well but PT made a pretty strong showing on a part time basis last year during this stretch.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.