Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rahal to D&R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rahal to D&R

Although not officially confirmed, Wikipedia are reporting that D&R will announce today (June 10th) that Graham Rahal will drive the #24 car at Iowa. At present, it is a one-race deal, but with five road courses coming up after Iowa, it wouldn't surprise me to see Rahal drive the car until Mike Conway is fit again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wikipedia reporting?
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If this is true I hope to see Graham do well.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Wikipedia reporting?
    That is what I was thinking. Anyone could go in and change it.

That being said, that is the word here in Indy, though it might be for the year, not just one race.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DRR has made it official and J-Dub has tweeted it. Probably the right move and for Rahal it is probably his best case scenario to finish out this year.

I was noticing how the championship is about to be shaken up (and has been with events from Indy). RHR is currently 6th and seemingly out of a ride. I figure the result at Indy didn't much impact him as he ran out of gas. Weazy took the real spill because he was looking at probably 3rd, if not a potential W. Now that he's missed Texas and the rest of the year he's dropped back out of the top 10 where he was solidly placed. Graham hasn't been full-time this year obviously so he won't really have a shot at the top 10 now.

So obviously the top 5 spots are taken, the championship for the 2nd group starts at 6th. Who benefits from all of this most!? Yep, you know who! She'll end up between 9th and 12th in the championship and we'll spend another year listening to how great she did as the 4th to 7th best driver not with Penske or Ganassi. Oh, and she finished 3rd on her team ahead of RHR!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pardon my ignorance but, who's "Weazy"??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    Pardon my ignorance but, who's "Weazy"??
    Conway...it's a nickname several of his peers use regularly.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am glad to see this. I do hope they keep him in the car either until the season is over or Conway gets back, whichever comes first. Graham is their best choice for sure.

It's always good to keep 1 driver in a car instead of switching all the time.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tough break for RHR, running for a championship and now is basically waving the white flag, very sad for Ryan, hes such a good driver and getting shunted because of sponsors. good luck Rahal, but I hope Ryan gets a sponsor soon so he can race for the title
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Who benefits from all of this most!? Yep, you know who! She'll end up between 9th and 12th in the championship and we'll spend another year listening to how great she did as the 4th to 7th best driver not with Penske or Ganassi. Oh, and she finished 3rd on her team ahead of RHR!

With only 5 ovals left, I don't see her finishing in the top 10 in points.

Plus she is about to re-start her NASCAR career. Her focus won't be on Indy Cars anymore in 2010.

I think she ends up about 12th or 13th in points. Marco and TK both dust her and RHR would, if he wasn't out of a ride.