Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ogier into factory team, Sordo goes to Junior

I just read this in wrc.com

http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101...n+factory+team

I guess its good for Ogier as he is showing great performance, and a move from citroen to make sure the manufacturers title also goes to the french brand. But what does it mean for Dani, is it the beginning of the end?

I know spain is a big market for Citroen, but now maybe its not very good for him, if he gets remotely close to a win in the junior team Im sure he is going to get orders to back off and let the french go through....

However, it could also be the start of a good thing, Quesnel said that he would like to run a 3 car works team next year, so who knows, maybe with both Ford and Citroen pushing for a three car team, we could see that in the future dont you think?

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    I think most people are being too dramatic, in my opinion, the one winning over this is Sordo.

He has the opportunity to really start impressing people and the opportunity to show how fast he is with a top car and no pressure to score points.
    I think that if he manages to go fast with no pressure he will secure a official seat, maybe not in Citroen, but in another team.
    Ogier perhaps is the one getting screwed over this, I think he really wanted to maintain his seat at the Junior team atleast
    till the end of the year so he could win one or two more Rally's.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    agreed, Sordo might actually benefit from this!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    I think most people are being too dramatic, in my opinion, the one winning over this is Sordo.

He has the opportunity to really start impressing people and the opportunity to show how fast he is with a top car and no pressure to score points.
    I think that if he manages to go fast with no pressure he will secure a official seat, maybe not in Citroen, but in another team.
    Ogier perhaps is the one getting screwed over this, I think he really wanted to maintain his seat at the Junior team atleast
    till the end of the year so he could win one or two more Rally's.
    Follow me on Twitter @jasonhjustin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree, unless junior cars have less power than first team ones

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont think Sordo benefits... Yes, he can crush his team mate now (like crushing Raikkonen will be difficult...), but Quesnel still has power over him, he still works for Citroen, drives a C4 and has a contract with them, so what changes? nothing!

I assure you he will not be given the liberties Ogier was given in the Junior team, dont be naive! With Quesnel delighted with the work of his ALL FRENCH TEAM, the only time he will look at Sordo will be to say? "Slow down, dont even think about taking points off me boys"

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    He has not performed or been able to challenge for the top spot so best he enjoys some time off with no pressure. Ogier without a doubt has outpaced Sordo plain and simple.

I like the guy but competition is competition...
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am not his fan or a Citroen fan but I do I feel sorry for Sordo... in times gone by he has had to back off to help golden boy Sebastien get more points, and this is how he is getting repaid, I hope it fires him up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MR666
    in times gone by he has had to back off to help golden boy Sebastien get more points, and this is how he is getting repaid, I hope it fires him up.
    Lol, thats what he get paid for, Citroen did the only right thing showing Ogier that they are comitted in keeping him, he would have takers.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    Logical move with Sordo nominated for the remaining tarmac rounds.

At least they show some intentions to win both championships...
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Makes sense, Ogier is simply a better driver than Sordo is. It should also stop Seb MK2 from mouthing off quite so much when he has to drop behind a bit.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.