Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    I wish they'd lock Arute in the IZOD tech center and take away the key. Those segments are just plain annoying. Especially during green flag runs. He's always pointing to some screen and I have no clue what he is talking about most of the time. Just go away Jackie. You are just a shill.
    He's been an annoying jack-hole for years. It was either him (or one of his lackeys) that had the nerve to send me a nasty PM after I ripped him over on 7th Gear years ago. Now, do you think things got better or worse after
    that?

You guys were right that the Versus coverage is better overall than ESPN's. But you really need a Varsha/Hobbs/Matchett type lineup in the booth (IMO). You also need some comic relief. Speed's F1 coverage has Hobbs. And NASCAR has Darrell Waltrip (who is often funny even when he doesn't mean to be). If they'd let a fan punch A-root in the face before every race, that would be pretty funny. But short of that, maybe a wise-ass in the booth would help.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior

The IRL doesn't do post race press conferences like F1, or do they?
    They do but it is usually to long after the race to make TV.
    In F-1 the drivers are quickly shuffled off to the awards ceremony then to the press conference before a single reporter can get near them.

In the US there are reporters in the winner's circle and the winner is faced with Cameras and Mics before he is even handed the trophy. Typically it is 45mins to an hour before the top 3 press conference.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A thing I learned from the Firestone 550K:

IndyCar racing is still entertaining.

Apologies for mentioning something positive. I didn't mean to offend other board members.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    A thing I learned from the Firestone 550K:

IndyCar racing is still entertaining.

Apologies for mentioning something positive. I didn't mean to offend other board members.

I guess it is if bias rule application, Flat out all the way around racing and a driver almost burning due to incompetence is your thing!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have learned that no matter how much you people complain about practically every single race this year, you still watch it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    because WE are race fans, still better than any "Stick and Ball" sport anyday
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    drewdawg727
    I have learned that no matter how much you people complain about practically every single race this year, you still watch it.

No, we don't still watch it. I haven't been to an IndyCar race since 2007 and I've watched maybe 25 laps of IndyCar racing on TV this year and I get VS. The IRL is terrible and it hasn't gotten better. I hope this whole "Vision" finally dies. Then and only then will we maybe get back to real racing with real racing cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb
    Then and only then will we maybe get back to real racing with real racing cars.
    And what series might that be? Grand-Am, ALMS, NASCAR?
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb
    drewdawg727

No, we don't still watch it. I haven't been to an IndyCar race since 2007 and I've watched maybe 25 laps of IndyCar racing on TV this year and I get VS. The IRL is terrible and it hasn't gotten better. I hope this whole "Vision" finally dies. Then and only then will we maybe get back to real racing with real racing cars.

Which begs the question: why are you here then? Oh wait I see, you are here to take pot shots at somethig you haven't even seen. You know it hasn't gotten any better because you have watched 25 whole laps. Makes PERFECT sense.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    To be fair, I see that Benny has been a member here since 2001. So at one time I'm guessing he was a pretty major fan. Now while it's easy enough to tell him to not let the door hit him on the way out, with the Indy 500 getting it's lowest TV rating in history this year (after earning the same "award" last year), maybe the series (if not the remaining fans) need to ask Benny what can be done to get him back. If you can't keep the old ones, how are you going to get the new ones? That applies to the IRL, as well as me and women.

I don't know. I'm just sayin'.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith