Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Things I learned from the Firestone 550K

Blocking will not be tolerated unless it is Danica.

Fire extinguishers are not readily available on all safety team trucks.

The single most important piece of equipment on the Safety Truck sometimes just doesn't work.

Helio, while a nice guy, thinks that everybody should just get out of his way.

2nd Place is as good as a win if it is Danica.

Every time Jack Arute is on TV I throw up a bit in my mouth.

Indy Car drivers seem to have lost the fine art of pulling into their pits.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I learned again that these drivers in this series don't know how to start or restart a race to save their life.

They truthfully need to go to a local short track somewhere and see how its done. The pole-sitter should not be allowed to take the lead in turn 4.

Here is a simple rule for everyone that should instituted now....Jump the start and go to the back. No warnings. No "redo's".

Send em to the back of the pack, and the starts would get a whole lot better in a hurry.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    i thought he jumped it worse the second time, but they gave it the green....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly

he didnt jump it.....dario didnt keep up
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    I learned again that these drivers in this series don't know how to start or restart a race to save their life.

They truthfully need to go to a local short track somewhere and see how its done. The pole-sitter should not be allowed to take the lead in turn 4.

Here is a simple rule for everyone that should instituted now....Jump the start and go to the back. No warnings. No "redo's".

Send em to the back of the pack, and the starts would get a whole lot better in a hurry.

its not a one way street....p2 has a responsobility to keep up....dario clearly didnt
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly

That's because everybody knows they won't wave off a 2nd start.

The same thing happens in every oval race. The pole sitter has the lead coming to the green flag at the start-finish line.

That is plain wrong.

Watch the start of the Pocono race tomorrow afternoon and see how its supposed to be done.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Blocking will not be tolerated unless it is Danica.

Fire extinguishers are not readily available on all safety team trucks.

The single most important piece of equipment on the Safety Truck sometimes just doesn't work.

Helio, while a nice guy, thinks that everybody should just get out of his way.

2nd Place is as good as a win if it is Danica.

Every time Jack Arute is on TV I throw up a bit in my mouth.

Indy Car drivers seem to have lost the fine art of pulling into their pits.
    sadly, I have to agree with you on 100% of this post

this race seemed to be like a AAA type of event, the IRL should seriously be ashamed of themselves for failing to penalize drivers blocking (I guess thats only a Indy 500 rule) and for the safety crews, WTF are you guys thinking.

Poor Ryan outraced everyone and dominated and he gets no props for his well-deserved win. instead Arute and co are going gaga for Danica
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    And then people get on my case when I say the "PRODUCT IS THE PROBLEM"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BTW, did anyone see a replay of Simona's crash?

With 26 whole cars in the race, you'd think they'd be able to keep track of all of them and have a replay of a crash.

The young pit dude needs some work. His long-winded questions during the race are awful. These team members don't want to wait 1 or 2 minutes for you to spit out your question.

I wish they'd lock Arute in the IZOD tech center and take away the key. Those segments are just plain annoying. Especially during green flag runs. He's always pointing to some screen and I have no clue what he is talking about most of the time. Just go away Jackie. You are just a shill.

I also get a kick out of the IZOD commercials, and I try to count how many drivers are not in the race that I am watching. Tonight, I counted Rahal, Hamilton and Bia. I love promoting drivers that are watching the race with the rest of America.

Not sure if Versus is actually that good or just compared to ABC they look great. Still a lot about the Versus telecasts that are pretty weak, IMO.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Poor Ryan outraced everyone and dominated and he gets no props for his well-deserved win. instead Arute and co are going gaga for Danica
    I'd pay a subscription fee to hear an (extended ) interview with Tony Kanaan about now (before Mike Andretti tries to give him a Slushie to calm him down).

He had me screaming "preach it, brutha! preach it!!!" with the few seconds of airtime that they gave him.

The IRL doesn't do post race press conferences like F1, or do they?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith