Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Allmendinger pulls a Danica and starts a multi-car wreck in the Cup race. I guess that's the road racers way of racing.

That's what will happen if Danica pulls that BS blocking/weaving in Indy Car and the guy she is blocking doesn't get out of the gas.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Allmendinger pulls a Danica and starts a multi-car wreck in the Cup race. I guess that's the road racers way of racing.

That's what will happen if Danica pulls that BS blocking/weaving in Indy Car and the guy she is blocking doesn't get out of the gas.
    How dare you use Allmendinger's name in the same breath as Danica!

AJ's a proven racer, working his way up in the CUP cars with well below average teams. I didn't see what happened, sounds like he pulled a boneheaded move. But he's no Danica...and Danica is no AJ!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As my old buddy Tommy Lasorda would say... I gurantenf***ingtee you if a no- name driver pulled a cut off blocking stunt like the Princess did on Tony Kanaan, there would have been an instanateous penalty.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NCcartfan
    Conventional wisdom seems to be that Indy Car benefits from her presence. IMHO opinion, she is the main thing that's holding it back. She is a consistent, unwavering loser and the poster child for what's supposed to be the premiere American based racing circuit. She is a joke, the public knows she's a joke, and thus, the IRL is a joke. The day she leaves will be the day Indy Car can start to rise from the ashes of the destruction of the past 15 years.

I found it unbelievably awesome that TK doesn't even think she won the Japan farce in '08 (commenting on her best previous finish being a 2nd while he has won 13 times). That was the most telling -public- thing I've heard in a long time regarding how she is really viewed in the paddock.
    This is why these forums are so ammusing to read! Keep 'em coming. 'unbelievably awesome' - love it!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Imagine she chopped PT?
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It would have been more than just the chrome horn....
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    All I know is, if she pulls that with someone like a Paul Tracy, she is going for one ugly ride, because there is a way to race, and she hasn't figured out what comes around, goes around. If I am TK, I am not helping her on anything. The Princess drove a decent enough race, but what she did with her own teammate and the guy who is the meal ticket for the team (no TK helping the engineers, tell me how well Marco and Danica do) was just retarded.

Even Danica cannot get a decent finish without doing something that makes you believe she really is a narcissitic spoiled brat..

Oh yeah Scott, what she did wasnt a road racing thing. That was a stupid thing. I know you hate road racing, but stop the stupidity before you really make yourself irrelevent. AS for what AJ did, THAT too was unbelievably stupid....but that isn't a road racing thing. Last I looked, blocking in OW is an art that goes back a long way.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    She definitly blocked but,I don't think it was so sinister that it warrented the black flag. That being said, I can see why TK was so upset. Its one thing to block a competitor but a teamate is a wholenother deal.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Oh yeah Scott, what she did wasnt a road racing thing. That was a stupid thing. I know you hate road racing, but stop the stupidity before you really make yourself irrelevent. AS for what AJ did, THAT too was unbelievably stupid....but that isn't a road racing thing.
    No, it is a road racing thing. That's the way they are taught to "defend" their position (since passing is almost impossible on most road courses in a formula road racing car). Plus with the generous run-off areas and lack of walls, you have a lot more "courage" to race that way.

You don't see most oval racers race like that. Because they know if you do that bullcrap on a oval, you both could end up in the catch fence and in the hospital.

DP and Allmendinger both made stupid, road-racing trained moves this weekend. TK backed out of it and stopped what could have been a huge one. Kahne didn't back out and about 10 cars got the wreckin'.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    She definitly blocked but,I don't think it was so sinister that it warrented the black flag.

It was just as bad as anything we saw at Indy. If not worse (since the "blocking" we saw at Indy was done on the straights with no banking).

If its blocking at Indy and we can ruin Bell and Rahal's race with a black flag, we can do the same to a full-timer at Texas who basically does the same thing (AND RACES THAT WAY ALL THE FREAKIN TIME). Or do we have different rules for different folks in Indy Car? (The answer to that question is HELL YES).