Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Angry You have GOT to be kidding me!!!

I have seen some amateurs on safety crews before (usually at short and dirt tracks), but these clowns who let Simona roast are the WORST I have EVER seen!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what happened? I wasn't watching.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I have seen some amateurs on safety crews before (usually at short and dirt tracks), but these clowns who let Simona roast are the WORST I have EVER seen!
    I agree with one notable exception, the guy who stayed there with her flames lapping at him while he tried to get her out. He was a bit rough, but I think circumstances called for the "get her the hell out of there attitude" he showed.

The guys wth the hoses should be fired imediately.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    what happened? I wasn't watching.
    Simona de Silvestro crashed against the wall and her car caught fire. As she slid down the track, the fire got worse. The safety crew pulled up, stared at her... stared at her some more... pulled a fire hose out... stared at her... tried to get the fire hose working (but didn't)... stared at her some more... decided that she was probably well done enough, so one of them finally started trying to get her out of the car... half-assed it... finally some guy with a fire extinguisher that he probably got on sale at Walmart starts tinkling on the flames a little bit.

Luckily she just burned her hand a bit (from pushing herself up & out of the car). It appeared that she did more to get herself out than any of those clowns did.

That was without a doubt one of the worst displays that I have ever seen from a safety crew. And I've seen bad crashes where the "safety crew" was made up of local guys from the volunteer fire dept and the volunteer rescue squad. Firings are in order. Without a doubt. Who is in charge of the safety crew these days, the series or the track? Who do these bozos work for???
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I agree with one notable exception, the guy who stayed there with her flames lapping at him while he tried to get her out. He was a bit rough, but I think circumstances called for the "get her the hell out of there attitude" he showed.

The guys wth the hoses should be fired imediately.

Gary
    Yeah, other than him, all of the rest of them would be led out of the track before the race was done. And I'd only leave him alone because at least he was doing something (exactly what, I'm not really sure - but it was something). Put a call out for some volunteer firemen and EMT's and let them complete the race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Man. I'll have to find a youtube video of that. Very glad she didn't get burnt bad.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Already on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIatXMiyZ6w

Terrible. I though Indycar got the "amazing CART safety team" as part of the merger? It looked like nobody made sure the fire hoses worked this weekend, or was trained on how to use them. Meanwhile the one guy that wasn't afraid of the fire was trying his darnedest to break her back.

Yeah, she was probably half an inch taller after he got done with her. But since his mates seemed content to stand around and watch her die in the fire, I guess he decided that she might die from him yanking on her, but she wouldn't die from being burned up.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Simona's composure in her interview not long after, is testement to this young Lady.. however I do think some of her 'coolness' in that may be due to adreneline, & once she goes to bed this evening, or has time to sit down & reflect & see the video she may well be a little less calm.. & rightly so. Mentally that could shake her up a bit, knowing the very time she needed help, it took an eternity to get its act together. They pretty much failed her. imo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    only 1 guy was actually trying to get her out of there, so but if its a fire, pull me out as fast as you can, how you think they wanted to pull her out, nice and slow, let her roast some more, she might've had a strap get struck to her or something, but I'm pretty sure being in a fire, I'd like to get yanked out as fast as possible. the others should not have a job anymore though
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)