Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A look at some qualifying laps

Some charts of their fastest Qualifying laps...

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    That's slightly bizarre. So Simona, Danica and Dario are full throttle all the way round. While Mutoh seems to be faster on the straights and slows in the corners?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They are all full throttle on Q runs, so it's how much the drag is slowing them down. This is their fast lap, looks like Mutoh got off 2 better.

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Okay, this is obviously going straight over my head. But what is the difference in driver input between Simona, Dario and Danica?? Their curves are exactly the same except they are at different heights? Seems to me the difference between them is 100% the amount of drag on the car???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Okay, this is obviously going straight over my head. But what is the difference in driver input between Simona, Dario and Danica?? Their curves are exactly the same except they are at different heights? Seems to me the difference between them is 100% the amount of drag on the car???
    I'd say 99.6 % , now the race is quite a different thing than qualifying.

Sorted by the average of Final practice laps over 202 MPH.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It looks like 4 people going foot to the floor, and the engineers with the computers for the 4 of them showing how much they guessed right on. That aint racing sports fans....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".