Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    When he keeps inviting the Indy 500 winner every year and they keep finding excuses not to show up, why should he bend over backward for them?

Plus with Indy Cars lack of popularity and awareness in this country, its probably lucky Stewart thought enough to invite any of them to come. Its not like the place needs more paying customers.
    He invites them and they don't come, and that is fine. I do think the IRL should all but put a gun to their heads to make someone come. That said, I cannot see TK ever turning down a chance like that. Tagliani wouldn't either. Hell, Dixon turned them down but had a legitimate conflict. Helio? lol.....well c' mon Scott, fancy dancer isn't going to race a dirt car.....so I give you THAT point, but I suspect if you took a poll of the IRL garage, most of them would go.

What is more, you can bad mouth the IRL all you want, but you must be a masochist because you keep coming back to declare them dead, and they keep living...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am pumped! The race is on at Eldora Speedway. Im heading out in just a few. We have a group of about 12 of us going. Going to be a great night of racing. Go Tony Kanaan!!!
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    I am pumped! The race is on at Eldora Speedway. Im heading out in just a few. We have a group of about 12 of us going. Going to be a great night of racing. Go Tony Kanaan!!!
    THis might be the first time in ages you actively cheer for anyone who isn't Danica? lol

Hey, you had a good night Saturday anyhow.

Tonight, you will be really entertained for sure...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Too bad they don't invite a Rally racer. I would like to see Loeb or Hirvonen get a shot at those guys.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It will be interesting to see how TK does on dirt against the cup guys. I'm going to predict a win for Kyle Busch.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    $25 bucks to watch this? I bet a ticket isn't that expensive. Bring back Thursday night thunder on ESPN! That was as fun as it gets but, alas, money talks and bs walks! Too bad too. I'd have loved to watch this. Watch out motorsports. You're pricing yourself out of the market!
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anybody watching this? How 'bout a report? Thanks in advance!
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "This is the most fun I've ever had a race track".

Tony Kanaan, Rossburg, Ohio- June 2010.

Probably a hell of a lot fun, being with a bunch of real racers and 20,000 real race fans and away from the cluster-**** team he is with in Indy Car.

Dirt oval racing: The true history and heritage of American open wheel racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dirt oval racing: The true history and heritage of
    American open wheel racing.

Hmmm, I thought it was board tracks. No?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dirt oval racing: The true history and heritage of American open wheel racing.

Wanna read something funny?

The real heritage of "open Wheel" racing in the US is not on the dirt. it isn't on an oval. It isn't even on a track.

The real heritage is on a street course.

The First American Automobile Race

At 8:55 a.m. on November 28, 1895, six "motocycles" left Chicago's Jackson Park for a 54 mile race to Evanston, Illinois and back through the snow. Number 5, piloted by inventor J. Frank Duryea, won the race in just over 10 hours at an average speed of about 7.3 miles per hour! The winner earned $2,000, the enthusiast who named the horseless vehicles "motocycles" won $500, and the Chicago Times-Herald, sponsor of the race, declared:

Persons who are inclined…to decry the development of the horseless carriage…will be forced…to recognize it as an admitted mechanical achievement, highly adapted to some of the most urgent needs of our civilization.

"The Future of the Motocycle", The Chicago Times-Herald, November 29, 1895.
    http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/nov28.html