Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tony Kanaan In Prelude To The Dream

Tony Kanaan of Andretti Autosport in the IndyCar Series will be competing at Eldora Speedway this Wednesday, June 9th for the Prelude To The Dream. Dario Franchitti had an invitation but due to his testing at Watkins Glen International the same day for IndyCar, he will not be able to make it. Tony Kanaan will be also be testing at Watkins Glen but he will make the trip to Eldora Speedway and race.

This is awesome! I am going to this race again this year. Go Tony !!
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sort of surprised Danica was not asked to go. There were grumblings that Danica would be in the third Stewart/Haas car in 2011, which would make her an obvious choice for the invite once Dario turned it down, and it would had upped the ratings dramatically I would think.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Only if she got paid to do it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    I'm sort of surprised Danica was not asked to go. There were grumblings that Danica would be in the third Stewart/Haas car in 2011, which would make her an obvious choice for the invite once Dario turned it down, and it would had upped the ratings dramatically I would think.
    I would love to see her at Eldora but that 3rd car at Stewart Haas will go to Kasey Kahne in 2011 for an easy transition to Hendrick Motorsports in 2012.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Danica doesn't like loose race cars. Anyone who has seen 5 seconds of a car at Eldora realizes that loose is an understatement. Being sideways for that long would either cure her of her fear, or drive her insane. I also just don't think she likes to get dirty...lol
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck Tony, I've never gotten a chance to ever watch the DTTD, basically cause its PPV, but I always miss the tapes also.

I'm sure TK is gonna have a blast
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good for Tony.

Ridiculous that it took this long for one of the Indy Car guys to actually sack up and run this event.

TK might be surprised how many folks are there in attendance.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Good for Tony.

Ridiculous that it took this long for one of the Indy Car guys to actually sack up and run this event.

TK might be surprised how many folks are there in attendance.
    I think the timing of it and sponsor conflicts have kept them away. I don't think it for a second was a case of Indycar guys not having the guts to run a dirt car. I bet given a chance, most of them couldn't get there fast enough....

TK oughta be a fun guy to watch and hear, and Kudo's to Tony for inviting him. The real reason not many IRL guys are there is that this is an invitation only deal. Talk to Tony Stewart about inviting more IRL guys....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The real reason not many IRL guys are there is that this is an invitation only deal. Talk to Tony Stewart about inviting more IRL guys....

When he keeps inviting the Indy 500 winner every year and they keep finding excuses not to show up, why should he bend over backward for them?

Plus with Indy Cars lack of popularity and awareness in this country, its probably lucky Stewart thought enough to invite any of them to come. Its not like the place needs more paying customers.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Should have Sarah there!
    It may have been a while but she understands dirt!