Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hair and getting old.

You only realise how important hair is when it starts changing of it's own accord.

My bloke's noticed his hair thinning slightly... it's noticably thinner but there's no bald patches or anything. He's always had pretty thick hair so I think he'll thin but not go bald, which I just can't even picture. We're both 27... but it's a reminder that we're actually going to age which is a bit scary.

It'll be wrinkles next...
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I've been told that you are at your peak when you are around 21, which is kind of depressing that it isn't going to get any better and only go downhill from now on.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a horrible thing losing your hair. I hope it doesn't happen to me... thin hair runs in my family too.
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster

Don't worry. Everyone loves a Wrinkly.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You only realise how important hair is when it starts changing of it's own accord.

My bloke's noticed his hair thinning slightly... it's noticably thinner but there's no bald patches or anything. He's always had pretty thick hair so I think he'll thin but not go bald, which I just can't even picture. We're both 27... but it's a reminder that we're actually going to age which is a bit scary.

I would have a check-up if I were him, when I was extremely ill fifteen years ago, my hair thinned out a good bit, and continued after I was "well".

I went to a pharmacist and he told me what to take to get the hair back which worked.
    He said it was a combination of pain killers and the illness that did it to me, but he said mainly the illness. (not cancer, and I did not even go to a doctor till I was on deaths door. They operated the day I went in.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Don't worry. Everyone loves a Wrinkly.

Jon, men at their peak from about 17 to 25, while women get to their physical best from the late twenties to 40. Always makes me smile, that one :

Men losing hair doesn't matter Slinky. Just look at Bruce Willis
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Don't worry Slinky - as you grow older it is not the number of hairs it is the numbers in your wallet
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As long as you don't get fat, then it's all good.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So it goes.

And what do you mean "going to age"?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    27? Hell, I got socks THAT old....
    Try 45 Slinkster...then you think, hey, I had a great time, and I am going to enjoy what I have left...at some point, you just don't get upset about it. It took me til about 43 or so to think that way. Turning 40 depressed the heck out of me...

As for my hair, Well it changed colour to 50% gray, and thinned out something quick in the last 5 years, but that too is life. I don't FEEL old so that is what really counts. If your man is still as frisky mentally as he was 3 years ago, don't sweat the hair thinning....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".