Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 Idiots

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He had to make a move sooner or later, the opening was there, but Pruett slammed the door a bit too late. He'll know better next time, cover the line properly or give it up. Served him right.
    There was a lot of whining, but Montoya has served notice that he won't be screwed with.
    Good on him, now let's get Villeneuve in there too!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More like a move worthy of Takuma Sato.

Oh, there's a new twist for an old idea, NA$CAR.
    Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead... the wicked witch is dead...!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I watched the event and the replays, Pruett clearly changed his line and cut across and Montoya tagged him in the quarter panel. If he'd chop him then, he would have done it later too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by revmeister
    I watched the event and the replays, Pruett clearly changed his line and cut across and Montoya tagged him in the quarter panel. If he'd chop him then, he would have done it later too.
    Add in that Montoya locked up his brakes trying to stop and it was a poorly timed block by Pruett. Montoya was super-aggressive and could have waited for a clearer opportunity (say he used Pruett's tow the next lap - would have been a lot closer) but Pruett clearly contributed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Of course JPM locked up. Anyone making an ill fated dive bomb "pass" would have locked the tires up.

Watch the clip again. Pruett might have left a little opening (it wasn't wide open), but he never changed his line. SP had the line all along, not JPM. JPM was too far for anyone with brains to imagine they would make a dive bomb attempt; which numb skull JPM did.
    Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead... the wicked witch is dead...!!!

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by revmeister
    speaking of 'chops'...

Hey Michael, that invite is still open... :
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wilderness and Boiler

The first thing I noticed is the lock in JPM's car. How can anyone claim that was a clean pass?
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mexican Nascar? Is it like Alaskan football?
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm surprised no one said something yet about a F1 drop-out won in NASCAR in his rookie season, at the very beginning(not sure if it's his first race, but it's early enough anyways)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    I watch JPM kick butt in the Mexican Nascar race. This was a brilliant win as he passed his way to the front. exciting as hell. F1 are complete idiots for letting this guy slide away. He is the real deal.
    As already mentioned... I believe Montoya wanted out of F1 after his stays at Williams and Mcleran probably gave him a sour taste. I have little doubt that Ralf was treated a little better at Williams, and then at McLaren, I sensed that Mika and Kimi where treated better then Couldhart and Montoya. I think the only team that would have been a good fit for Montoya would have been RBR, but then they wouldn't be getting Renault engines, Team Torro would be using Cosworths, and Webber would have either stayed at Williams or had to sit out the season... But as stated already, Montoya was already fed up of F1...

And just to do a little ranting (that maybe should have been saved for a different forum...) But man I have lost ALL respect for Pruet after that race. The guy is older then dirt, whole career is based on road racing, this can't be the first time its happened to him, and I'm sure he's gotten his nose dirty too, and he bumps Montoya during the cool down lap, gives him the two thumbs first chance he gets to be seen on tv after the race, and that little rant interview after the race! Gannasi should get rid of the guy asap!

thank you, and back to your regularly scheduled program...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.