Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You show him a webpage! LOL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't mean to create any enemies however too much talk and no action for the coastline and the animals whos habitate is there.
    Lets start a high school collage course on ecology to help these kind of things get cleaned up not covered up.
    IMO BP SHOULD go broke over this because the effects are and will prove to be never ending.I'm not taling about the fisheries or the fishermen either.
    They like our goverment have been standing along side this disaster for weks and nobodys doing anything for the land or the wildlife. all the talk is concerniong the oil.Shame on you all.
    This is the beguining of the next fifty years. heres where i see how much i learned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why has no one pointed out the obvious? The worlds greatest engineers have devised this method of getting oil, and now some idiot with no idea about simple physics has come up with a better idea in his shed whilst inventing some way of working out the perfect racing line? Either this guy's a troll or freakin doctor who.
    Colin Steele McRae ...5 August 1968 - 15 September 2007...

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flracing
    A pump can only suck up a max distance of 1.5 miles as worked out by einstein.
    What about the oil deeper than 1.5 milees? were going to be lifting it using my idea...
    Einstein's magnum opus was the General Theory of Relativity which is in the realms of theoretical physics, not either physical chemistry nor fluid dynamics as you suggest.
    Einstein wrote ZERO papers about fluid dynamics and certainly none about pumps.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swoop
    IMO BP SHOULD go broke over this because the effects are and will prove to be never ending.I'm not taling about the fisheries or the fishermen either.
    Just to clarify, that if BP go broke then the liklihood of thousands of American jobs would go with them. The rig was owned, operated, & maintained by Americans, Thousands of Americans are employed by BP globally, 40% of BP shares are American held, you'd have a reduction in your oil availabilty so would likely have to pay more at the pump... Several common 'brands' in the US fall under the BP umbrella, say sayanora to them & their employees too.

*No I'm not in any way 'defending' BP, it is unquestionably a marine disaster, but a little perspective is needed to quell the histrionics.. *Oh & here's a little food for thought for some folks, before condeming just one party, BP has said they will pay for the clean up & compensate those affected.. pity the US aren't quite so forth coming when they 'create' such devestating accidents overseas.. sad fact.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elis
    Just to clarify, that if BP go broke then the liklihood of thousands of American jobs would go with them. The rig was owned, operated, & maintained by Americans, Thousands of Americans are employed by BP globally, 40% of BP shares are American held, you'd have a reduction in your oil availabilty so would likely have to pay more at the pump... Several common 'brands' in the US fall under the BP umbrella, say sayanora to them & their employees too.....
    If BP goes into receivership, its assets and drilling leases will be quickly purchased by another petroleum company. The rigs won't simply be left idle
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    If BP goes into receivership, its assets and drilling leases will be quickly purchased by another petroleum company. The rigs won't simply be left idle
    Quickly? Nothing is done quickly in bankruptcy court.

A BP bankruptcy will cost jobs and $$$. Let us not forget the BP is a World wide company. Any bankruptcy would effect millions worldwide.

I really doubt the BP would go bankrupt anyway. Their assets alone would preclude that.
    What I do believe is that due to it's falling stock price a hostile takeover is likely.
    Rumor is that BP believes it also.
    LONDON (MarketWatch) -- BP PLC's /quotes/comstock/13*!bp/quotes/nls/bp (BP 30.22, -0.45, -1.47%) regular advisor Goldman Sachs is rumored to be preparing to fend off any potential takeover attempts for the U.K. oil major, reports the Independent on Sunday.

"BP's regular adviser, Goldman Sachs, is rumored to be dusting off the company's defense playbook," the paper says.

The Independent says a Western major company takeover attempt is "far-fetched" and an immediate takeover attempt in general is unlikely.

The paper says technical experts from "oft-speculated potential buyers ExxonMobil, Royal Dutch Shell and Chevron" are instead in Houston this weekend to help BP control the Gulf Of Mexico oil spill.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gol...nse-2010-06-06

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The fact is this isn't an easy situation for anyone. It is a worst case scenario and no one has had to deal in real terms with some like this. People have to separate what is being done from what CAN be done. My only complaint is, as I have stated is the casual nature the feds have dealt with this, and the free pass they are getting. If Giulani was President, I am sure BP was told either fix the problem, or get the hell out of the way, and Giulani would have thrown every bit of kit he had at the problem, because on something like this, solving the problem is priority one, and the hell with politics or the cost.
    Mark - I haven't read the rest of this thread, but Halliburton which is a company that happens to be in Cheney and other Republican Party biggies deep back pockets were involved in the construction of these oil rigs something which has been quited down since the first week (say no more, say no more). So the President may have a major amount of political issues to deal with before he goes flinging too much mud. The kind of 'throwing'' mud that complicates political costs and requires a lot of manuvering before being undertaken! And all this caused by the FORMER administration not his.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    If BP goes bust who is going to pay for the cleanup?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    If BP goes bust who is going to pay for the cleanup?
    My guess is the US is going to get stuck with the bulk of everything, the oil mess, the pollution issues and the financial ones. That's how it generally goes for us.