Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What a display of indecision. While I've advocated such a formula for years that allows some measure of run whatcha bring, at least have the balls to say You were afraid of totally losing the only two companies even remotely interested in participating so we said fine, we'll allow both suggestions and everything in-between.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    Absolutely.
    Go back to the rules CART inherited from USAC-- revise, as need be-- (allowing as Gurney fought for, true stock blocks, along side racing engines) and allow what ever chassis makers that want to race, to race.
    No spec. tires or single tire company, and leave the damn pits open, always.
    Perhaps I've misjudged you Bob. I read often but rarely post. And I don't research the previous posts of posters. I'm all for open rules, chassis, tires, engines, fuel etc. and it sounds like you are too.

Mr. Bernard, Randy, please continue to move in this direction. Without industry relevance, dollars will be hard to come by and fan interest will follow industry innovation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Perhaps should re-phrase m question/concern.. I think an more open formula is a great idea. The problem is that if they are too vague is anyone going to "bite" for fear of their innovation being squashed???

I think we can all agree that the various powers that be in AOWR for much of the past 50 years have left a lot to be desired and much of the success has been in spite of their best efforts rather than because of them......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    Perhaps should re-phrase m question/concern.. I think an more open formula is a great idea. The problem is that if they are too vague is anyone going to "bite" for fear of their innovation being squashed???

I think we can all agree that the various powers that be in AOWR for much of the past 50 years have left a lot to be desired and much of the success has been in spite of their best efforts rather than because of them......
    F1 is a free for all within a given set of specifications. There certainly seems to be commercial interest in that formula.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I guess the choice is clear. Nominate Bob to be the new President of Indycar and the sole member of the advisory board. Seems you have all the answers yes?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't you effectively saying go back to technology and specs that were used in the 90's...and that'll bring all the Detroit manufacturers back in the game? If that is correct, you're past your prime!

I don't know the details of the prop yet but, anything that leaves innovation to incorporate new technologies, and especially green technologies, is a step in the right direction. Why? Because the way back into the mainstream is to become a proving ground for relevant technology to what consumers can see in their products. I don't give a rats behind if these engines come from Detroit your FakeDanicaFan's painted room...point is they are leaving room for multiple manufacturers, new technology, and allowing space for those manufacturers to demonstrate at the edge...which is what auto racing was invented for to begin with.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Well I guess the choice is clear. Nominate Bob to be the new President of Indycar and the sole member of the advisory board. Seems you have all the answers yes?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't you effectively saying go back to technology and specs that were used in the 90's...and that'll bring all the Detroit manufacturers back in the game? If that is correct, you're past your prime!

I don't know the details of the prop yet but, anything that leaves innovation to incorporate new technologies, and especially green technologies, is a step in the right direction. Why? Because the way back into the mainstream is to become a proving ground for relevant technology to what consumers can see in their products. I don't give a rats behind if these engines come from Detroit your FakeDanicaFan's painted room...point is they are leaving room for multiple manufacturers, new technology, and allowing space for those manufacturers to demonstrate at the edge...which is what auto racing was invented for to begin with.
    I'm pretty sure I agree with this

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="TURN3"]Well I guess the choice is clear. Nominate Bob to be the new President of Indycar and the sole member of the advisory board. Seems you have all the answers yes?

[b] IF you do not like what I wrote, do not read it.

No. There were no specs. in the seventies, eighties when CART took over.
    There were boundaries, between which any one could build a car to fit his won magic potion.
    Spec. racing is for SCCA week-end warriors, (and for decades most of those classes were more open than they are now) not for professional racing that is supposed to show who builds the best. Spec. racing proves nothing.

Why would anyone have to use only tech. from that era.
    By what dim thoughts do you think one cannot build a new car to those basic rules using new tires, engine components, chassis materials etc.
    If you would read, you would see I said revise as need be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Erman
    F1 is a free for all within a given set of specifications. There certainly seems to be commercial interest in that formula.
    ummm, I am not sure that is a good example these days... the specs are very tight and they have been losing sponsors and manufacturers at a pretty good rate.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is the "press release" on the IRL's upcoming engine platform. Hard to make heads or tails of what it really means in brass tacks, but I do like the sound of it.

http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-...all-inclusive/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeTURN3

+1
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”