Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

new engine rules

is it just me or is the new engine formula announcement basically just not much.....??? can a manufacturer actually get interested in this formula is it is laid out???

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    is it just me or is the new engine formula announcement basically just not much.....??? can a manufacturer actually get interested in this formula is it is laid out???
    In 2012 it looks like multiple engines, up to 6 cylinders and 2.4 L. That says to me a far more interesting formula maybe be in the offing. They say 550 to 700 hp but if they are smart, they allow the engine manufacturers a little more room. Once upon a time 1500 cc turbo's were pushing 1000 hp in F1, so I think what may be coming may be a very interesting engine package. It is on the IRL webpage, but the details are not finalized yet....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    NO, another losing proposition but they cannot blame TG now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    But, some still will.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right. We should keep the same crap. No need for any industry relevance. Nothing to see here, move along. You could have had a future in the previous IndyCar adminstration.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Erman
    Right. We should keep the same crap. No need for any industry relevance. Nothing to see here, move along. You could have had a future in the previous IndyCar adminstration.
    New crap verses old crap, it is all crap.
    Try again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    New crap verses old crap, it is all crap.
    Try again.
    Old crap, no industry and little fan relevance. New crap perhaps. Same old crap, no way, your words right?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Old crap, no industry and little fan relevance. New crap perhaps. Same old crap, no way, your words right?
    If they think the new formula is going to bring Detroit back to Indianapolis, or the fans they have lost will give a damn about quasi-spec. four-bangers and six-poppers, they are idiots.

Now wait, the past ten years have already shown that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they think the new formula is going to bring Detroit back to Indianapolis, or the fans they have lost will give a damn about quasi-spec. four-bangers and six-poppers, they are idiots.

Now wait, the past ten years have already shown that.
    Can we agree that spec racing, as we've seen since the split, hasn't kept or captured the public-at-large's attention? If so, why isn't an open rule formula good news for the IndyCar series? What would you propose as an option?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can we agree that spec racing, as we've seen since the split, hasn't kept or captured the public-at-large's attention? If so, why isn't an open rule formula good news for the IndyCar series? What would you propose as an option?
    Absolutely.
    Go back to the rules CART inherited from USAC-- revise, as need be-- (allowing as Gurney fought for, true stock blocks, along side racing engines) and allow what ever chassis makers that want to race, to race.
    No spec. tires or single tire company, and leave the damn pits open, always.