Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All of this speculation is interesting, but just speculation. We will know shortly who is in the car. IMHO, (pure speculation) the team may base it in the following.

1. Who is available for a partial session and willing to give up the seat when Conway is back.
    2. Who can bring funding
    3. What drivers are familiar with the team and the team feels is a comfortable fit.
    4. What driver is ok with the sponsors.

I doubt many other considerations will figure into the decision.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RHR season is at stake after Texas. I hope he get Conway's seat if he loses his seat at AA.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    If they want to compete, that is hysterical...

Negative, they would be better off putting Graham Rahal in the car. He would be more competitive than anyone else that is available.
    Negative? FYI, this isn't an episode of Hawaii Five 0. Worse yet, you show your lack of knowledge with your statement as much as any ridiculous Danica comment. While Rahal is a stud, up and coming, face of American open wheel, Bourdais is a 4x dominate champion. I like Rahal, I can't stand Bourdais, but...you have to know reality. Bourdais likely has zero interest in Indycar, especially with a mid-level team. But for you to think Rahal would be a better choice from a competition stand point is very telling of you.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Really? Graham "one win by 3.2 seconds" Rahal or a 4 time champion? Or is it because he can turn left and right successfully unlike many others in the field?

Although I agree with Mark I doubt Seb would come back in this manner.
    Considering Bourdais hasn't raced an Indy (as opposed to a Champ) car since 2005 and with little to no opportunity to test, Rahal with his recent experience would probably be the better short-term choice.

It would be interesting to see, though, what Séb could do in Indy Car these days, especially considering how Doornbos, who ran Bourdais close on a number of occasions in Champ Car in 2007, fared last season.

The logical replacement for Conway for Texas, though, would be Scheckter, who knows the team (a considerable advantage given that the start of the race week-end is only two days away) and his way around TMS, having usually gone well there in the past.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    First off, I am glad to see that Conway will recover and by okay.

But I need to comment on how he got himself into the situation he is in. From the very brief replay, it appears he tried to dive-bomb Hunter-Reay on the inside of the corner and got down onto the apron. He made a very risky move that endangered both himself and Ryan.

From watching him in GP2, he barely completed the first lap of races as he tried to win the race on the first lap. I thought he was one of the most reckless drivers in GP2.

I had hoped he would mature as he moved to IndyCars, but apparently not. I remember thinking to myself it would be great if he finished with a decent result, but he couldn;t do it.

Again, I am glad he is okay, but I sure hope he learns...

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    @JimClarkFan: Hunter-Reay ran out of fuel and slowed down...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    gm99: thank's for the clarification - I did not know that. My first thought it was Conway again making a bad move.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimClarkFan
    But I need to comment on how he got himself into the situation he is in. From the very brief replay, it appears he tried to dive-bomb Hunter-Reay on the inside of the corner and got down onto the apron. He made a very risky move that endangered both himself and Ryan.
    Uh, you might want to listen to an interview with RHR before you pull the trigger. He said his car ran out of fuel and left no where for Conway to go. He apologized to Conway for the incident. Clearly Conway has had his share of boneheaded moves, this one not being among them.

Gary

P.S. and I might want to read the rest of the thread before I pull the trigger. I see now that someonelse pointed this out.
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like Conway will be out for the rest of the season, as he also has a vertabrae injury to his neck, as well as the spine fracture and broken left leg.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Negative? FYI, this isn't an episode of Hawaii Five 0. Worse yet, you show your lack of knowledge with your statement as much as any ridiculous Danica comment. While Rahal is a stud, up and coming, face of American open wheel, Bourdais is a 4x dominate champion. I like Rahal, I can't stand Bourdais, but...you have to know reality. Bourdais likely has zero interest in Indycar, especially with a mid-level team. But for you to think Rahal would be a better choice from a competition stand point is very telling of you.
    First off, I know who Bourdais is. Despite the obvious of Bourdais being out of an indycar for quite some time now, here are my reasons....Graham would be still be a better choice because Bourdais has no experience with ovals, Graham does. Plus, Graham can hold his own against anyone on a road course when he is given good equipment. So yes, Rahal is the obvious choice.

But Im sure we will see Scheckter get the nod for this weekend.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion