Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Conway is out for the summer

Conway to miss at least three months with injury to his spine, so at this point it appears the earliest he will be back is Labor Day at Kentucky.

According to the DR&R twitter they will field two cars at Texas, but have not named a relief driver yet.

If this series has one thing its a rich pool of experienced drivers who could fill in. Graham Rahal, Tomas Sheckter, Bruno Junqueria, Oriol Servia, Paul Tracy, J.R. Hildabrand, Jamie Cammara, James Hinchcliff, Sebastien Bourdais, Robert Doornbos... I could go on, its a pretty long list.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Scheckter has won Texas, and he's worked with the team this season. He's gotta be the first choice.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Out for the whole summer? Oh man, he can't even go swimming now!
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Conway is for all intents and purposes, done for the year. Why bring him back for a few races at the end of the year (on ovals) when he is a road racer anyway? Just let him heal and try and get ready for 2011.

I am sure if Curry has any pull on this, that Scheckter will get the nod. Hopefully Tomas gets the citation he received on Saturday night before the Indy 500 put to bed and he can get back to showing flashes of brilliance while producing mediocre results in a race car.

You could run an another entire series with drivers who should be in a Indy Car. In fact, you might actually improve the series if all 24 full-timers now got injured and had to all be replaced (only half-kidding).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sheckter's not the most stable driver, he may have experience with the team, but Graham's a better choice for the series, and possibly for DR&R. He's experienced, young, had good success at Indy and was a teammate to Justin Wilson.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    Sheckter's not the most stable driver, he may have experience with the team, but Graham's a better choice for the series, and possibly for DR&R. He's experienced, young, had good success at Indy and was a teammate to Justin Wilson.
    after that horrific looking crash, Conway is lucky all he got was a broken leg. If the car had hit the catch fence on the top instead of the bottom... well I wouldn't want to think about it.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Another compression spine injury....When will it stop?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would like to see Graham in the car but my first instincts tell me it will be Scheckter in that car.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hello?!

Another extreme wreck that the driver survived at all!
    (the car could have easily killed RHR as well, so in fact two that where lucky)

to ask when such injuries will stop is asking when racing (at such speeds in ovals) will stop. Whenever a car at such speed hits something, the body is the weakest part of the chain. Bones just break on G forces.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    If they want to compete i'd stick Bourdais in the car but it will probably be Rahal
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout: