Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A couple of news items from Victory Banquet

1. Hunter-Reay will find out on Tuesday if he will be able to run at Texas.

2. Townsend Bell will run some more races this year with Herbalife and SSM.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not surprisingly that one of the few drivers that didn't thank the Hulman-George family was Ed Carpenter.

He thanked Tony and Laura, John Barnes and his team/sponsors, but that was it.

Tony sat with his wife somewhere far away from the Hulman/George/Flo Henderson group of "leaders".

And EJ Viso told Chip that "he was going to beat Chip's team this year". I'll have what Ernie was drinking. EJ will be doing good to beat the team he was a backmarker for last year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    2. Townsend Bell will run some more races this year with Herbalife and SSM.
    This doesn't surprise me. Last year, the response Herbalife received was overwhelming and they were very very happy with the results of their sponsorship. Rumor around them last year was T-Bell might run more races last year. We'll see, I think this would be very welcome in many ways, sort of new team, good driver, nice sponsorship, etc. Bring 'em!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Not surprisingly that one of the few drivers that didn't thank the Hulman-George family was Ed Carpenter.

He thanked Tony and Laura, John Barnes and his team/sponsors, but that was it.

Tony sat with his wife somewhere far away from the Hulman/George/Flo Henderson group of "leaders".

And EJ Viso told Chip that "he was going to beat Chip's team this year". I'll have what Ernie was drinking. EJ will be doing good to beat the team he was a backmarker for last year.
    Ed has a reason to be bitter, but the same people he is snubbing now bankrolled his way into racing. Lets face a harsh reality, Tony bought him HIS ride, and it is to Ed's credit that he rose above that and is finally showing some true promise at places like Indy; but it was Hulman-George money that has him there now. So he can diss the sisters and Mari Hulman as much as he likes, but that is the reality of it.

AS for EJ...well if Vasser and KK had any balls, they would have had PT in the car from the start of the season and let EJ do what he wants. He isn't all there obviously...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".