Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Firestone 550K

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    got the race on tape and gonna watch it in the am. Just watched highlights and looks like I missed a good one live. Glad to see Ryan get a win at TMS, he really should have won last year. As far as the comments about attendance, well from the shots in this vid the attendance looks pretty solid, maybe 2/3 or 3/4 full? Certainly a lot of people out there.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vo9CqTg_kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vo9CqTg_kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    got the race on tape and gonna watch it in the am. Just watched highlights and looks like I missed a good one live. Glad to see Ryan get a win at TMS, he really should have won last year. As far as the comments about attendance, well from the shots in this vid the attendance looks pretty solid, maybe 2/3 or 3/4 full? Certainly a lot of people out there.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vo9CqTg_kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vo9CqTg_kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    2/3 to 3/4?

um uh wel er.....no
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    There are 3 very important entities that want her there:

1. IMG
    2. Go Daddy
    3. Her daddy
    Yes Scotty guess "sombebody" wants here there but that isn't what I meant. I was talking about teams. Seriously, you imagine JR Motorsports continuing this experiment next year? As an organization, they've been thouroughly embarassed this year and they don't have a full-time driver. I just don't see any team picking her up is what I meant.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Yes Scotty guess "sombebody" wants here there but that isn't what I meant. I was talking about teams. Seriously, you imagine JR Motorsports continuing this experiment next year? As an organization, they've been thouroughly embarassed this year and they don't have a full-time driver. I just don't see any team picking her up is what I meant.
    problem is godaddy is throwing around millions.... and some team some where needs the cash

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maxpais from twitter:

maxpapis: Watching Indy Texas just got really upset for @simdesilvestro spending 10 second while car was burning need to do better than that @indycar
    maxpapis: RT @scoop42: : Davey on IMS Radio excusing safety team b/c "we dont have fires" & they dont get much practice. Pardon my French: BULLSH*T.
    PT from twitter:
    paultracy3: That was very scary , safety team did a very poor job
    paultracy3: It's very difficult to get out of a a irl car with a oval headrest cuz it's so tight to your helmet
    paultracy3: The whole headrest is realy hard to take off too because the bodyfit is tight
    paultracy3: Fire first then the driver . I don't know what that guy was doing with the hose , it's a good thing the big guy jumped to get her
    Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Maxpais from twitter:

PT from twitter:

Gary
    as too the headrest.... some sort of ripcord ala' a fighter jet....im not talking full on ejection obviosly, but to release the headrest would seem doable

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Yep, hope Danica's good mood gets her through the rest of the season. If her goose wasn't already cooked with TK and Mikey, I'd say it certainly is now. I honestly don't expect her back at AA next year. How that comes to be is up for argument, I don't buy the NASCAR bit because I don't think anybody wants her there either. What could've been a finish to extend the brand might end up being the race that finishes it off for good.
    I think she burned a LOT of bridges last night with a lot of people - teammates and other teams and team principals. Not a very wise thing when you'll probably be racing with these same people for the rest of the year. Maybe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did you guys hear the crowd cheer when Dario took the lead? Did you hear the paying customers go crazy when Briscoe got to the front? Even from the tv broadcast, it was awesome! The fans simply love them!
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Maxpais from twitter:

Quote:
    maxpapis: Watching Indy Texas just got really upset for @simdesilvestro spending 10 second while car was burning need to do better than that @indycar
    maxpapis: RT @scoop42: : Davey on IMS Radio excusing safety team b/c "we dont have fires" & they dont get much practice. Pardon my French: BULLSH*T.

Gary
    Wow! Just wow! I know the world is full of shills, pillow biters and boot-licking lackeys... but WOW! Who is this "Davey on IMS Radio" person?

I bet they don't see too many broken necks, severed legs or a lot of other things either. If anybody is actually stupid enough to buy (or sell) that as a legitimate excuse for that amateur hour display, the only way they should get into a racetrack is if they buy a ticket. Whoever Davey is, he should be ashamed of himself.

And if what Davey is saying is correct, I'm sure that's something the IRL's insurance carrier will be anxious to know.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Wow! Just wow! I know the world is full of shills, pillow biters and boot-licking lackeys... but WOW! Who is this "Davey on IMS Radio" person?

I bet they don't see too many broken necks, severed legs or a lot of other things either. If anybody is actually stupid enough to buy (or sell) that as a legitimate excuse for that amateur hour display, the only way they should get into a racetrack is if they buy a ticket. Whoever Davey is, he should be ashamed of himself.

And if what Davey is saying is correct, I'm sure that's something the IRL's insurance carrier will be anxious to know.
    it was considerably more than ten seconds
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: