Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    In 2009 they didn't have the money to put into the 2010 car
    You're wrong.
    The sponsors that were still with the Honda team at the end of the 2008 season, including Bridgestone, stayed on as sponsors for the start of the 2009 season.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yes but they were developing the 2009 car to keep it on top.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, it's true, they were developing the 2009/10 car.
    According to some reports, the arrangement is valued at thirty million Euro each year. Combined with the fifty million the team receives for winning the 2009 championship as Brawn, Mercedes has a budget of eighty million Euro without actually having dedicated anything to the budget themselves.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    I agree with with almost all Daniel's issues, and I also think that N.O.T has a point in that Citroën quickly will restore the supremesy on the new WRC that starts next year. And I bet that when Citroën loses their edge it will be some other manufacturer than Ford winning the WRC titles.

I think that Ford might pull the plug on M-Sport and join the WTCC who looks to be expanded with both Honda, Toyota and Subaru next year (They already have BMW, SEAT and Chevrolet) + plus WTCC will add a round in the US from next year.
    WRC seem to suffer with rallies in less attractive countries (from a manufacturer's point of view) like Finland, Bulgaria, Jordan and New Zealand. The Manufacturers want to be in the big markets where they can sell cars via their motorsport image, and countries like the US, Brazil, China and India has a nicer ring to it....
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    ..... makes one think that C4 for is really a lot better than Focus right now....
    I don't know what the reason is but the C4 is definitely faster than the Focus, there is no way that Ogier, Sordo and even possibly Petter are faster on gravel than Hirvonen.

Must be pretty dispiriting for M-Sport and the drivers

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I skipped reading most of this thread as I got 1/2 way down the first page and just had to say what I thought.

It seems to me that Kaffi has it right:

[i]M-Sport is in this to make money, period.
    Citroen racing is in this to perform and win, period. [/]

There lies the problem.
    If I were Ford management id be happy with the exposure they get in the WRC. For seemingly little money (compared to Citroen) they get the same exposure to the world. Does it really matter to them that they arnt winning? I bet Ford are selling more cars that Citroen around the world.

MW and M-Sport are doing exactly what Ford ask of them.
    Why would MW really try to win the WRC if the credit actually goes to either the driver or the manufacturer, and not he team.
    In the eyes of the average motorist, thats how things are. Those real enthusiasts out there may see otherwise but they are a minority of consumers.

I guess, at the end of the day, if there were more manufactures in the championship then M-Sport would have to do more to win so that they had more media coverage and not be left behind.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts

set up

Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Don't know if its co-incidence or a related issue but Markko Martin has been back testing for Ford and helping set up since Sweden. Yes the same guy Prodrive hired to test and develop S14! Say no more............
    Ford need a big shake up, drivers need changing, and the MSport ethos too. Wins or money? At this rate I wouldn't be too shocked to see Ford follow Suzuki, Subaru and all who failed before. And the BP oil spill in USA will be a good excuse.
    +1
    Who else could Ford use as a test driver even on a limited basis ? Galli, Garde, K Erikkson, Lindholm, Panizzi, Delecour, Duval, Kangas, Kytoleto, any of the Brit drivers with WRC miles ... ?

Obviously some where in the suspension, steering, engine torque , brakes, weight distribution etc the Ford is a bit deficient.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    I skipped reading most of this thread as I got 1/2 way down the first page and just had to say what I thought.

It seems to me that Kaffi has it right:

M-Sport is in this to make money, period.
    Citroen racing is in this to perform and win, period. [/]

There lies the problem.
    If I were Ford management id be happy with the exposure they get in the WRC. For seemingly little money (compared to Citroen) they get the same exposure to the world. Does it really matter to them that they arnt winning? I bet Ford are selling more cars that Citroen around the world.

MW and M-Sport are doing exactly what Ford ask of them.
    [i]Why would MW really try to win the WRC if the credit actually goes to either the driver or the manufacturer, and not he team.
    In the eyes of the average motorist, thats how things are. Those real enthusiasts out there may see otherwise but they are a minority of consumers.

I guess, at the end of the day, if there were more manufactures in the championship then M-Sport would have to do more to win so that they had more media coverage and not be left behind.
    I guess to a certain extent you're right. No matter how badly Ford do at the moment they're finishing 2nd and I suppose you can't complain about that.

But what do we remember? Do we remember manufacturers titles? Or do we remember drivers titles?

These special editions above are all named after drivers

But like you say Ford are finishing 2nd and getting a lot of exposure and Ford can't complain..... Very good point and I must say I do perhaps see more of a point in Ford being in the WRC after reading your post, BUT I still think that MW could be doing a lot better than he is.

While I'm posting pictures of legendary special editions I should also post a picture of the C2 and C4 by Loeb

What's special and unique about them? The badge on the back........
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    indeed its a real shame that citroen doesn't produce a car that makes justice to the best driver of all times.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Talent
    I don't know what the reason is but the C4 is definitely faster than the Focus, there is no way that Ogier, Sordo and even possibly Petter are faster on gravel than Hirvonen.

Must be pretty dispiriting for M-Sport and the drivers

WT
    Really? proof? Mikko has never been a real winner.. Never had the little extra.. Maybe not Dani either, but Ogier and Solberg have that special something.. Hirvonen can't beat Latvala on gravel(exept when Latvala makes a stupid mistake or is a nr 2 driver), never beat Solberg in the same car, and Ogier.. well I have no preference there but, he has proven something..
    Never give up...