Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    ketomaa is a better choice although i think both are for the moment not that close to sordo, let alone Loeb, ogier, solberg, latvala as speed s concerned

Also PG is crashing a lot....which is not normal after all these years of experience.
    On gravel I would think that PG is at least level with Sordo. Don't forget the times he set in Sweden and Jordan with an S2000 car, sometimes quicker than the payboys club WRCar drivers, and also Sweden last year where he set fastest times with an ancient, privately run Fabia WRC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After a good Sweden rally Ford has been in a free fall, something fundamental is wrong there, Hirvonen complained that the tyres dont last, if thats true why not hire someone who understand about cars, Bosse, Basti? to sort the suspension problem out, Hirvonen seems not to be the man to do that.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I thought Malcolm was pretty silly back in 2003 when they had a killer car yet he got rid of both Colin AND Carlos, both of which could probably have guided that thing to a title but the last season or so just takes the cake.....
    He probably would have been wise to try to keep at least one of them, but the 2003 car was too unreliable to realistically win a title in it. Märtin was fighting for wins on many occasions only the car to let him down.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    He probably would have been wise to try to keep at least one of them, but the 2003 car was too unreliable to realistically win a title in it.
    In that case Carlos who understand and could set up drivable cars, but Markko did a good job there too, after he got other than just tyre testing, resultwise no change in results really.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    After a good Sweden rally Ford has been in a free fall, something fundamental is wrong there, Hirvonen complained that the tyres dont last, if thats true why not hire someone who understand about cars, Bosse, Basti? to sort the suspension problem out, Hirvonen seems not to be the man to do that.
    Absolutely right. It's clear hirvonen is only able to drive and nothing else. Also you have to remember The drivers have to work with engineers, who sometimes are over confident about their ideas.
    A guy like Bosse will be able to impose his views much better when is needed rather than a young quiet guy like Hirvonen, who may not be respected yet by his engineer(s).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm hoping Ford will start making overtures to Dani. Especially after this weekend, it's pretty clear that he's not going to be on the Citroen factory team next year.. if Ford get him driving a Fiesta alongside Mikko (or maybe Petter but I doubt it), they'd have a formidable team on any surface.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serial jeff
    I'm hoping Ford will start making overtures to Dani. Especially after this weekend, it's pretty clear that he's not going to be on the Citroen factory team next year.. if Ford get him driving a Fiesta alongside Mikko (or maybe Petter but I doubt it), they'd have a formidable team on any surface.
    citroens 3 car team might ruin that plan....Sordo represents a large car market in spain so i doubt Citroen will let him go like that.

MJW
    Don't know if its co-incidence or a related issue but Markko Martin has been back testing for Ford and helping set up since Sweden. Yes the same guy Prodrive hired to test and develop S14! Say no more............
    Ford need a big shake up, drivers need changing, and the MSport ethos too. Wins or money? At this rate I wouldn't be too shocked to see Ford follow Suzuki, Subaru and all who failed before. And the BP oil spill in USA will be a good excuse.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb Full manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza2541
    Budgets, old chap, budgets.

Citroen is a full manufacturer backed team with all the resourses that carries with it.
    M-Sport are a privateer team with some cash from Ford to call it a 'manufacturer' team.
    Brawn GP was a privateer Formula One motor racing team and constructor... WIN!
    The team would be rebranded as Mercedes GP (a full manufacturer backed team with all the resourses that carries with it) for 2010 Formula One Season... win a victory? NOT!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat
    Brawn GP was a privateer Formula One motor racing team and constructor... WIN!
    The team would be rebranded as Mercedes GP (a full manufacturer backed team with all the resourses that carries with it) for 2010 Formula One Season... win a victory? NOT!
    Yes but Brawn invested a lot of time, effort and money in 2008 into the 2009 car and it paid off. In 2009 they didn't have the money to put into the 2010 car and the results are easy to see.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.