Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Ford - What a joke

What is the deal with Malcolm Wilson and Ford?

Sure they've grabbed a couple of manufacturers titles in recent years due to Citroen not always having a solid second driver but their performance since Gronholm retired has been frigging pitiful. Why doesn't Malcolm stop wasting his time with his also ran son and start doing a proper job with managing his team. I thought Malcolm was pretty silly back in 2003 when they had a killer car yet he got rid of both Colin AND Carlos, both of which could probably have guided that thing to a title but the last season or so just takes the cake..... I'm sure if he'd wanted to he could have had Solberg in a car but instead he seems to persist with Tweedleslow and Tweedlecrash

Argh, why can no one challenge Seb1 and now Seb2 in the Citroen?

I should point out that I have nothing against Ford cars as such, just Malcolm Wilson and his legendary inability to put a driver and car together to win a drivers title
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Budgets, old chap, budgets.

Citroen is a full manufacturer backed team with all the resourses that carries with it.
    M-Sport are a privateer team with some cash from Ford to call it a 'manufacturer' team.
    I will be rich, as soon as I invent a machine that can punch a man in the face over the internet.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza2541
    Budgets, old chap, budgets.

Citroen is a full manufacturer backed team with all the resourses that carries with it.
    M-Sport are a privateer team with some cash from Ford to call it a 'manufacturer' team.
    If this be the case then why waste millions on sending your kid out to do some rallies and not do particularly good?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    I don't understand the thinking in putting PG in the car for Bulgaria - Tarmac isn't his favourite surface. Unless, it isn't a one-off drive, and he will drive the rest of the year.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    If this be the case then why waste millions on sending your kid out to do some rallies and not do particularly good?
    It's called building up experience.........

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    It's Malcolms money, who is to question how he spends it?
    I will be rich, as soon as I invent a machine that can punch a man in the face over the internet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I don't understand the thinking in putting PG in the car for Bulgaria - Tarmac isn't his favourite surface. Unless, it isn't a one-off drive, and he will drive the rest of the year.
    If you can afford the price, M-Sport will put anyone in a car.

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    I think we can write this year off for Ford. I don't want to voice a personal call on the Ford drivers, but will say the Focus isn't on the same level as the C4.

Malcolm will now be thinking ahead to the new 1.6T WRC car for 2011 and beyond. Hopefully we will see the Fiesta WRCar developed enough to challenge Citroen again on a level playing field.

Also if Citroen is going to play with 3 drivers next year in the DS3, then I feel Ford need to as well so they can put the best combination together for points scoring purposes on the different events.

Of course this once again comes down to money, and who knows what the budget is employing a new driver, co-driver, mechanics, flights, hotels, testing etc.
    In may be difficult without the big sponsors digging deep.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Daniel, I think Colin and Carlos became too expensive back in 2002, thus giving younger talents a chance (plus I think Märtin was a pretty damn capable driver, and Duval certaintly had the potential back then).

As for now, I just think the C4 has an edge over the Focus, especially since this year. Hirvonen and Latvala are still very capable drivers. For the Stobart outfit though, there's no excuse, it's just embarrising that Wilson Jr. still has that seat, and I'm always curious what Malcolm really thinks of his performances so far. Adding PG to the team is a plus though, but as others, I'm not sure if Bulgaria is the right rally at that.

As Maui J, I think Ford's season is pretty much over, normally. I do think they'll be much stronger with the Fiesta next year. The S2000 car proves to be a very good base.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought Daniel was banned... but anyways this is a good thread. Im a ford fan, but this year has just been terrible. The C4 is just up there in every rally and not only the works guys, also Petter and Ogier are making a fantastic job with machinery that in theory is at the same level as the Focus.

I think Malcom already is trying to leave this season behind and focus on the fiesta.

He needs to do something if he wants to rescue the manu title, the good thing is that Ogier is not scoring for Citroen Works. Malcom should bring Duval in place of Latvala to do all the tarmac rallies and give PG a Stobart drive for the rest of the year.

And yes, stop feeding money into Matthew, is a ridiculous situation now, even more with Ogier winning his first rally in his first full season.