Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 678 Times in 474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    well said and if you go to the F1 official site and watch the video for 2010 turkey, it will explain quite nicely why LH was sorta upset at the end of the race. It provides radio from and to his car that I had not heard before which puts things very well in perspective.
    http://www.formula1.com/video/

I guess Mia 01 would rather hold on to his misguided notions than deal with reality.
    I hadn't seen that, but it confirmed the suspicions I posted on this and other threads. Before the pass attempt they (Speed reporters) had said Lewis was told to conserve gas during the break, which ended at the start of lap 45. After the pass attempt they aired the radio transmission to Jenson, which stated he needed to save more fuel, leading me to think he had already been told to conserve fuel.

In either case that video shows that either the team was attempting to screw Lewis over (at least part of the team) or that Jenson wasn't being a team player. It would be interesting to know which it is, but in either case it should show a rift between either the drivers, or their respective supporting teams.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I hadn't seen that, but it confirmed the suspicions I posted on this and other threads. Before the pass attempt they (Speed reporters) had said Lewis was told to conserve gas during the break, which ended at the start of lap 45. After the pass attempt they aired the radio transmission to Jenson, which stated he needed to save more fuel, leading me to think he had already been told to conserve fuel.

In either case that video shows that either the team was attempting to screw Lewis over (at least part of the team) or that Jenson wasn't being a team player. It would be interesting to know which it is, but in either case it should show a rift between either the drivers, or their respective supporting teams.
    Maybe, but both drivers still fought fair, and Lewis ultimately stamped his authority over Jenson. At the end of the day, it could just be that JB's smooth driving style is faster when 'going slow' than Lewis'. But I don't see any great rift or conspiracy blowing up.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    In the days of tire wars, the reason for the pick up, was allegedly due to the desire of tire manufacturers to get samples of the opposition's tire material
    I think the pickup was to put weight back onto the tires that have been worn off during the race*

*Statement based on no real facts.
    Standardises KERS standardises diffuser for 2011

Liked 678 Times in 474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Maybe, but both drivers still fought fair, and Lewis ultimately stamped his authority over Jenson. At the end of the day, it could just be that JB's smooth driving style is faster when 'going slow' than Lewis'. But I don't see any great rift or conspiracy blowing up.
    I agree it was a clean battle, but I'm sure after being assured on the radio that Jenson wasn't going to attempt a pass, Lewis was probably less than happy when he did.

The closure rate leads me to think that Jenson was hoping to take advantage of the situation, regardless of any team involvement. After all had Jenson been that much faster at any other time in the race the move should have come much earlier.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I agree it was a clean battle, but I'm sure after being assured on the radio that Jenson wasn't going to attempt a pass, Lewis was probably less than happy when he did.

The closure rate leads me to think that Jenson was hoping to take advantage of the situation, regardless of any team involvement. After all had Jenson been that much faster at any other time in the race the move should have come much earlier.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84215

Quote Originally Posted by Autosport
    And proof of the need to slow Hamilton down came after the race, when McLaren discovered that he had less than one lap's worth left in his car - while Button had just a little more.
    Nearly, but not quite!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.