Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

speed channel coverage stunk

Too many commercials

the first SC period starts, all you hear is there is a mac on fire.....as they immediately cut away to over FIVE MINUTES of commercials, come back and the SC has pulled in and they are racing....and who was on fire?

Well a few minutes later they mention it was Button....

then there was something to do with rubens steering wheel, but what it was???well all that was interupted by commercials, so I still do not know what the big deal was about that...

end of race was mostly commercials, got a quick 3 second shot of webber with the trophy (obviously NOT live) and then a couple of repeats of MS passing FA, more commericals and then some nascar show...

but the picture quality all weekend was very very good-not the usual stuff--do not understand why....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are you EVER satisfied with anything? I don't think you were watching the same SPEED coverage that I was. I knew right away what the deal was with Rubens' steering wheel. These guys must do their commentary on the same feed we see on TV. They do a great job.

Maybe you need a new sport to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl
    Are you EVER satisfied with anything? I don't think you were watching the same SPEED coverage that I was. I knew right away what the deal was with Rubens' steering wheel. These guys must do their commentary on the same feed we see on TV. They do a great job.

Maybe you need a new sport to follow?
    maybe you need to stay with your beloved IRL, more like where you belong. You seem to be very happy with the lack of quality presented by that shadow of a series of what could have been, but ain't.
    You know the one where the superstar is the "sex kitten" as you call her...

The same feed shown world wide, but Speed Channel decides when and how to do their commercials and they screwed it up today. Big time

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The directing was dire all weekend on the world feed, too many incidents missed in the race, fast laps being ignored in qually, more emphasis on the trackside adverts than the cars. Thankfully it's a one off and we go back to fom in Turkey.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks to our blackout of Speed I have to watch TSN with BBC commentators. No pre race show. We get side by side but there was all sorts of action going on when they went side by side and it is very hard to make out.
    The BBC commentary sucks. The main commentator is a talking head blathering on and on quite often not about what is actually happening. After the Trophy presentations we had 10 minutes of commercials and the interviews were cut short to go a recorded program of talking heads.
    We just got one chance to see the Alonso/TGF pass. Did hear it was under investigation by the stewards.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Too many commercials

the first SC period starts, all you hear is there is a mac on fire.....as they immediately cut away to over FIVE MINUTES of commercials, come back and the SC has pulled in and they are racing....and who was on fire?

Well a few minutes later they mention it was Button....

then there was something to do with rubens steering wheel, but what it was???well all that was interupted by commercials, so I still do not know what the big deal was about that...

end of race was mostly commercials, got a quick 3 second shot of webber with the trophy (obviously NOT live) and then a couple of repeats of MS passing FA, more commericals and then some nascar show...

but the picture quality all weekend was very very good-not the usual stuff--do not understand why....
    Your just pissed because snott Speed finnished out of the points.
    In Christ
    Taz

BTW just kidding about the christ part
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Your just pissed because snott Speed finnished out of the points.
    In Christ
    Taz

BTW just kidding about the christ part
    scotnot speed

hope so, did not think you were into guys

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    The BBC commentary sucks. The main commentator is a talking head blathering on and on quite often not about what is actually happening.
    Can you get BBC Radio Five Live online? The commentary is an order of magnitude better than Legard's comatose delivery.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    scotnot speed

hope so, did not think you were into guys
    No I not! Just Into kicking guys ass's for having issue with there own masculinity. Bro
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Thanks to our blackout of Speed I have to watch TSN with BBC commentators. No pre race show. We get side by side but there was all sorts of action going on when they went side by side and it is very hard to make out.
    The BBC commentary sucks. The main commentator is a talking head blathering on and on quite often not about what is actually happening. After the Trophy presentations we had 10 minutes of commercials and the interviews were cut short to go a recorded program of talking heads.
    We just got one chance to see the Alonso/TGF pass. Did hear it was under investigation by the stewards.
    you got to see much more than i did....commentary on speed varies from average to excellent, mostly because of hobbes and varsha

i know webber has always been big on winning monaco......so i guess he was happy, but i was too busy watching a commercial for rent a center and "do you need a thousand dollar loan right now......." to know