Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Mark W.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    It takes two to tango, and Webber is a lousy dancer.
    If all drivers did like him there would be no overtaking moves only crashes.

And his marker has been laid down years ago already when he was running into people every second races. I still remember the frustration of Fisichella back in 2005 or 2006 when Mark t-boned his car by trying one of his very few and desperate overtaking moves in F1.
    Are you that stupid and bitter ioan? To bring up that incident?

In that one Webber was on the outside line where Fisi went too deep too fast into a corner and slid into MW.

As for this much talked about incident, The key is that Webber held his line as he has every right to. He didnt move twice, he didnt chop. Vettel chopped right before the pass was completed and took himself out. Serves the little spoilt brat right.
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O'Rourke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    I would love to know how much fuel Mark finished with and if he really did need to go into fuel saving mode or whether it was a tactic from RBR to give Seb a unfair advantage???
    The fact that Mark finished with a flurry of fastest laps suggest the latter. If he needed to fuel save he wouldnt have been setting sub 1:30 laps towards the end.
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O'Rourke

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy
    Are you that stupid and bitter ioan? To bring up that incident?

In that one Webber was on the outside line where Fisi went too deep too fast into a corner and slid into MW.

As for this much talked about incident, The key is that Webber held his line as he has every right to. He didnt move twice, he didnt chop. Vettel chopped right before the pass was completed and took himself out. Serves the little spoilt brat right.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdK5FU2Oc7E

That is the only thing I can find involving crashes between Fisi and Webber, and to blame Webber for being run into would be pathetic. There was more than enough room for Fisi if he didn't screw up.

That's like blaming Hamilton for Webber's crash in Australia this year.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Although it was disappointing to see no-one else than Vettel himself being involved in such incident, on the other hand in retrospect I think I am and we should be all proud that F1 gives us such moments. Moments of heated battles and controversies, even embarrassing failures instead of processions. It will be quite an unforgettable memory you don't see every day, so try to take the maximum enjoyment from it. Team-mates crashing out from the lead. Just wow.
    excellent post
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    AT the end of the day, its time for redbull to instigate a pit stop rule.

After the pitstop, thats it, racing's over, whoever is in front at that point has won the race and its time to hold station.

It's not great for the specticle of the sport, but geez if you wanna win a world championship this is just what you have to do.
    don't agree. I don;t want any agreements whatsoever. let the boys race and by default they will still win the WCC. Look at Mclaren in 2007. @ guys going at it hard and in reality miles ahead in the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    RBR is showing its extreem unprofessionalism throughout this entire incident and it has highlighted systemic problems within the team as well as making it perfectly bloody obvious for the entire world to see that in the eyes of both helmut marko and christian horner, the team is:

Number 1 - Sebastien Vettel (signed to a long term contract)

Distant Number 2 - Mark Webber (signed to a single year PERFORMANCE BASED contract despite having been at the team longer then Vettel)
    completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy
    The fact that Mark finished with a flurry of fastest laps suggest the latter. If he needed to fuel save he wouldnt have been setting sub 1:30 laps towards the end.
    good point.
    I never like Horner and Marko is turning out to be a biased guy towards Vettel.
    Here they have the guy Webber winning 2 races in a row, in all honesty about to win his third, his closest competitor is in 2nd place who happens to be his teammate, and the team act as if Webber is simply in the way of Vettel. i always suspected as much at RBR, but this incident crystallizes it. If I were Webber I would be doing my own thing for the rest of the year and try my best to win the WDC and then look to join another team. I will not be at all surprised to see Webber's car suddenly suffer some "car performance set back"s from now on prompting the Fia to send a watchdog to the team at webber's request by the time they get to monza

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdK5FU2Oc7E

That is the only thing I can find involving crashes between Fisi and Webber, and to blame Webber for being run into would be pathetic. There was more than enough room for Fisi if he didn't screw up.

That's like blaming Hamilton for Webber's crash in Australia this year.
    Yep. That crash was 100% fisis fault.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns22318.html

Dig deeper .
    Mark was told to move over , and let him go .
    Mark disobeyed team orders .

Those orders came because Seb was faster .

Seb did what the team wanted , and his team told the world they were both at fault .

Nice work , donkeys .

The world thinks Mark got jerked around .
    And the team knows Mark jerked his team-mate and his team around .

Nice work .

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns22318.html

Dig deeper .
    Mark was told to move over , and let him go .
    Mark disobeyed team orders .

'
    If you want to argue a case, make the link supporting your points the kind that doesnt destroy your arguments and make you look foolish.

"Going into lap 40 team boss Christian Horner instructed Webber's engineer Ciaron Pilbeam to tell Webber to allow Vettel past. Pilbeam could not bring himself to pass the message on.
    so, there is no proof Webber ever received any orders.
    "signature room for rent"