Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

*TV ALERT* FIA GT1 on Bloomberg

Highlights from Abu Dhabi on Bloomberg today 10am-11am CST. Wow, I'm pleased Bloomberg is stepping up to the plate with programming like this. It's something Speedvision used to show on a regular basis.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportscarBruce
    Highlights from Abu Dhabi on Bloomberg today 10am-11am CST. Wow, I'm pleased Bloomberg is stepping up to the plate with programming like this. It's something Speedvision used to show on a regular basis.
    I have caught every race including the GT3 races which have been very good.

The Qualifying race is not on Bloomberg Bruce, you need to jump into the streaming feed for that.

But yeah I noticed they were repeating it last weekend. They don't have much content for the weekends anyway.
    Check Out My Motorsport Blog - http://pfmotorsports.blogspot.com/

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I tried to watch a GT1 race from Brno but the darn picture kept crakling. Hopefully I'll have better luck with future broadcasts.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can someone explain what all this is doing on Bloomberg?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Can someone explain what all this is doing on Bloomberg?
    Bloomberg (the best darn channel on my system!) is dabbling more in lifestyle programming. They also do a great feature on exotics and high performance cars every Friday afternoon. Next Friday, Matt Miller is going to challenge a Lambo (I think?) with his Vespa scooter... racing through the streets of Manhattan, with Carol Massar riding shotgun. CNBC tried some lifestyle programming a few years ago (some ALMS races showed up there), but has now become a cheap imitation of Fox Business News. Bloomberg is the new FNN. And God bless them for it.

I thought the FIA GT1 showing that Bruce was talking about was just a feature on the business of racing, as Bloomberg sometimes does with F1 and NASCAR. But it wasn't. I now have a season pass set up on my DVR so that I don't miss anymore of this fantastic series! I luckily caught most of the Paul Ricard race just now.

Bloomberg!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith