Thread: ISC - clowns

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ISC - clowns

Some food of thought from other forum:

The first thing to do, is SACK/FIRE/CANCEL NorthOne Sports contract for the management of the WRC.

Secondly, appoint Eurosport and the organisers of the IRC to take control of the WRC and fold the IRC into what will be a new championship that consists of WRC cars that are EITHER 1600cc Turbo engines OR S2000 2 Litre Non-Turbo based cars with engine power output limited to 350BHP.

Spec transmissions, Spec engine management and other spec devices.

Bring back freedom for events to choose their routes and not do restrict them to 3 days. Bring back night stages. Bring back cheap car park passes for a car at every stage car park, rather than this £90 weekend pass rip off crap.

Bring back a recce car for each team (not one per driver) and bring back remote servicing. Bring back top 10 reverse running orders to get rid of 'sweeping' issues.

I GUARANTEE YOU, with the above changes, the WRC in 2011 would be 10 times more entertaining than the crap we have now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WRC will have to change its attitude massively concerning the dominance of the works teams. The WRC won't survive if it doesn't give privateers a shot at victories. What Kankkunen said about having strong privateers is all very nice but they shouldn't be just there to fill up the start lists and make the numbers look good.

The IRC being more for the fans is quite simple. As opposed to the WRC, it's not about making tons of money but it is about the sport. There is a healthy kind of competition in the IRC while in the WRC, well we've all seen the Jordan Rally. In Turkey they had to be nice to each other but in New Zealand you had people again braking for better starting positions. Not in the extreme way like Jordan but still... Not forgetting the fact that the IRC still is being broadcast on Eurosport whereas in a lot of countries WRC is only viewable on PayTV. The ticket prices are also quite modest in the IRC, compared to the WRC.

Concerning Simon Long, I don't see where he proved to be aware of the situation. The people from ISC still keep telling us the WRC is so exciting and such a great show for the fans, that four manufacturers are enough and that more would be unhealthy and then there is this comment of the century from Simon Long himself, that there is no need for a rally in Japan because there's no Japanese manufacturers. I've heard lots of smart things about the state of rallying but not a single one of them has been said by someone from ISC. Then again there have been some positive comments from FIA people, positive in the way that they actually seem to be aware of the situation. So we will see how this situation develops but I would not be at all surprised if it will really end up in FIA firing ISC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Part 3.

People who have followed the sport for more than the last 10 years, have actually experienced the true magic and wonder that is a successful and fantastic world rally championship. To the point that events used to attract millions (MILLIONS) of 'Live' spectators. These long term fans and competitors have seen at first hand what ISC and Mr Simon Long have done to destroy the championship in the last 9 years and yet their PR spin try's to claim its more popular now than it has ever been.

Rallying will embrace and be open to everyone that has the sport and its best interests at heart. Unfortunately you dont yet know enough about Simon Long to know exactly what he has been responsible for in the last 10 years. The double act in recent years of Simon Long and Neil Duncanson of NOS has been the sole reason the IRC was created and gained such huge popularity in the last two years, to such an extent that the WRC were almost grovelling to get the Monte Carlo Rally back onto the calendar, an event which should NEVER have been dropped by Simon Long and Co. Eurosport and event organisers saw a great opportunity to embrace the S2000 rules with manufacturer support and due to their past 'experience' the were able to produce a fantastic championship that everyone involved is enjoying.

The reason why I questioned your view about North One Sports admittal of 'problems' is that I dont believe they have ever made such admission and I would be genuinely interested to see the piece that you took this personal viewpoint from.

Even at the Monaco Motorsport Forum at the beginning of the year, we had to listen to the idiot Neil Duncanson spouting forth about how great things were in the WRC but yet the 'REAL' problem was not enough youngsters coming through the ranks and so he wanted to create more 'rally buggy' style schools to bring more kids into the sport.......... WHAT HE FAILED to realise is the fact that we currently have HUNDREDS of youngsters and some VERY talented young drivers coming through national championships...but they cannot break through into the WRC..because Neil Duncanson and Simon Long have done such a diabolical job managing the championship that we only now have 4...REPEAT....FOUR!!!!!!!!!! works seats in the World Rally Championship! So Neil Duncanson has ZERO grounds for telling ANYONE what rallying need to become more popular and accessable.

In short.... not a single idea that has come from Simon Long's office to help expand and boost the WRC has come from Simon Long's office and I know this, because I have been involved in the past in the WRC and listened to the internal political crap that goes on with ISC. As a company, it has more people with over-inflated ego's than any company I have ever dealt with before. What they have failed to realise and in fact I have argued this with broadcasting colleagues, is the fact that RALLYING, unlike F1, is actually driven by it's fanbase. F1 frankly could not care less what fans think, but in rallying, the fans vote with their feet, which is why the IRC is now gaining more and MUCH MORE 'live' fans than World Championship Rounds....and yet some will claim the WRC is incredibly popular right now...

I have to say....had Kimi Raikonnen NOT arrived in the WRC this year, it might actually have been a huge benefit to the WRC, as without that his fanbase, the WRC would be in the most squalid position it has been for decades..... unfortunately he did come to the series (and I do enjoy watching him compete and develop) but he has probably stopped Simon Long and North One Sport from being fired and their contract cancelled, which is frankly what should have happened 4 years ago.

Juha is without doubt a saving grace that I hope and pray, he will be given the power and resources to truly turn this championship around as he actually genuinely knows what he is talking about with the sport, unlike the current promotors.

Yes it might seem a tad angry, but many of us have seen what should be one of the worlds leading motorsport spectacles, simply destroyed and some would have you believe that these people should simply be allowed to get away with it.... I dont... I want to see people in positions of power within the WRC that can actually get the job done and for once...LISTEN... to the very people that make the championship even viable...namely....THE FANS AND COMPETITORS.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

Good post

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Morrie Chandler and Simon Long should ask for permition to leave..