Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD
    Strange thing happened... Both tracks loaded after Installed the update,
    but when followed the schedule, after MineshaftII and Falstone, they didn't...
    I had The same problem, but now my times are in.

We will see how it goes, I hade at least one misstake on each of the long SS and Pribram also. The short super specials went OK, but you don't win a rally on super specials...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbr
    ...The short super specials went OK, but you don't win a rally on super specials...
    You're right! Just like the real stuff, the long stages make the difference...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I also had the error problem during the recce when I ran Mineshaft and Falstone before SS3 on my desktop computer. During the event I restarted RSRBR before running SS3 and I didn't get the error message. Also during testing I ran damp road conditions on a separate stage but when I ran Pribram S1 with good conditions after it, there wasn't no grip at all. I double checked that I had good weather and proper tires, which I had, then I restarted RSRBR and I got right traction again on Pribram S1. Maybe those two problems might be related.

Anyway this is report on my rally. Mostly I didn't had major crashes but I had issues with pacenotes on the new stages like Mineshaft II and Falstone II.
    On SS1 it was like driving in snow storm, entire screen was basicly white for me. I tried to push as hard I could. I also clipped twice the rock face with rear left side of the car. Notes said 5R but it was 3R and at the second time it was more like 2R than 3R. The car didn't suffer much damage because of it and I finished the stage.
    The rest of the first day stages went quite well.
    Second day started well, didn't had problems on SS4 and had a little issue with the hairpin on SS5.
    On SS6 I had a halfspin and a slight off but on SS7 I had quite a few moments. There were many occasions, when I had entered too fast into the corner and went offroading again. I didn't had any crashes, though I did drive on two wheels for a while when the car got caught in the ditch.
    I don't know what expect from the event because I don't know how fast the S2000 cars can go on these stages. Will wait for the results.

Here's some pictures from the event and onboard video from SS4 and SS6.
    <Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes>

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This was a 'speed Isn't everything' kind of event!
    A high level difficulty rally! Nice work with the weather conditions Bruce!
    I finally managed to load ss3/ss4-Stages loaded only after Installing the Microsoft update and restart RSRBR10...

Suprisignly, had no problems In MineshaftII and Falstone and despite the fog I think I did pretty well.
    The superspecials went O.K too, except Pribram S1, where the usuall stuff happened! (fall Into ditches, hit the barrels e.t.c.)
    The final 2 stages of the rally were the most demanding;Covered dump surface required total concentration and technical driving,
    though I think I did better In Harwood Forest II than In Falstone II,
    where I had some extra slidding Issues there...!It may not had many long stages, but It was frustrating enough!

Here are some highlights:

http://yfrog.com/59richardburnsrallysse201j
    http://yfrog.com/3drichardburnsrallysse201jj
    http://yfrog.com/1xrichardburnsrallysse201qj
    http://yfrog.com/4rrichardburnsrallysse201tj
    http://yfrog.com/2rrichardburnsrallysse201j
    http://yfrog.com/83richardburnsrallysse201jj
    http://yfrog.com/jorichardburnsrallysse201fj

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Looking at the times I've got so far, I'm really happy with my pace on this event. Ok, yes, I've finished last due to the superrally, and I had a number of spins but the general pace was impressive. I was only off the winning times by as much as I thought I'd lost in my mistakes, and on Fraizer 1 I think you boys are lucky I hit the timber fence cos otherwise my last half of that stage must have been way faster than anyone else. Clearly the setup work is starting to pay off.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

Rally Report

1/ Mineshaft II: Started off really well. The thick fog caused difficulties with visibility so I know I was too cautious in some corners but I was very satisfied with my pace. Unfortunately, 0.3km from the finish, I fell down a gorge and lost 30 seconds (approx) with the penalty for calling for help. This put me in a very annoyed mood for the rest of the stages.

2/ Falstone: The fog, this time, caused braking problems more than anything else. The stage was very slippy and, at the start, I fell off the bridge and lost over 30 seconds (closer to 1 minute in lost time actually). The car felt really nervous for the rest of the stage and my driving was, therefore, sloppy.

3/ RSI Slalom PLP: Stage did not load.

4/ Lyon-Gerland: Stage did not load.

5/ Pribram S1: A tricky little number despite its short length. I frequently touched the grass which lost me heaps of seconds, particularly down at the hairpin right (before the finishing stretch for the stage).

6/ Harwood Forest II: The only stage where I managed to keep everything under control. I was happy with my work here but it was far from an exhilarating drive.

7/ Falstone II: After the brake problems on SS2, I decide to put the bias more even (as opposed to 60/40 to the front). I put it to 52/48 and could definitely feel a difference, though I'm not sure how much of that was setup, and how much came from the slightly different weather conditions. Either way, the car felt a little weird in the braking zones but, had I practiced with this setup earlier, it most certainly would have been the way to go. Unfortunately two costly errors (one which was a roll, the other a "call for help moment) put paid to any chances of setting even an average stage time.

So, a bad rally overall for me. Aside from having difficulties on the 5 stages I managed, the loading problems with the game (I didn't have time to check the ideas posted here, sorry) meant 2 stages were not run. That's a super-rally for both days. If anything, I can take consolation out of the fact that I at least will finish with a result of some kind, given that the super-rallies were on different days. The only thing I'm looking forward to on this rally is to see how my first and second SS1 sectors match up and the overall stage time (minus half a minute for penalty) to give me some perspective of my pace. After that, I can just hope to pick up the leftover points and do the best for team which only fields one car this time round.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sent my times yesterday. This rally was pretty easy going for me, no real issues anywhere. Mineshaft II was fun, went full throttle on many blind corners, it was all about reflexes and pacenotes. I hit my left tyre on a blind fast right, it's a little crest on the left side of the road, where there's also a left turn.

The rest of them were pretty okay. Hated the RSI Slalom stage, the Skoda Fabia is just not as good with the handbrake as other cars, or I've not yet perfected the hairpin turns.

Pribram S1 went well, but nowhere near my best time of 1:53 with a Subaru Impreza WRC. Hopefully it's good enough though for an S2000 car. Here is the video of my run at Pribram S1:

[youtube]0W7CJC0M1LU[/youtube]

Probably the best run was Falstone II, without any problems, but I wished I had not been that cautious. If I had pushed more, I could have easily shaved a lot more seconds. Was not happy with my time there. Oh well, next time.

I tried to upload my run from Falstone II as well, and so tried to compress the file size with the usual AVI compressor I have, but for some reason the video freezes mid-way.

Just waiting for Tannat's results now. He did ask to get until tomorrow due to his laptop getting fixed.

Interesting so far to see how the results are split up. One group of 4 guys at the front within a minute of each other, and another group of 3 behind who are also within a minute of each other but 4min off the first group!

All results are in. I'll be processing the results during my lunch break and hopefully either later this afternoon or tomorrow I'll have the results up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tuesday 3pm-received repaired laptop
    3:45pm-RBR loaded, leave work to pick up kids
    4:45 pm-home, begin download of RBRSR10, leave for son's baseball game
    8:15pm-home, RBRSR10 download still in progress
    10:45pm-RBRSRdownload complete, download updates and S2000 car packs
    11:45 pm -all downloads complete
    12:00am begin rally
    ~1:15am rally complete

As it looks as if a couple of drivers had a rough rally I did it at about 8/10ths, not really pushing at all.
    I wanted to finish and get points

Cheers,

Tannat
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(