Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    One thing that would surely help the WTCC is a race in the USA which would surely interest more manufactures. They would of course have to make sure that the race dosnt clash with NASCAR though!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    One thing that would surely help the WTCC is a race in the USA which would surely interest more manufactures. They would of course have to make sure that the race dosnt clash with NASCAR though!
    That is the problem about having a race in America, too many fans would look at the speed of S2000 cars and think 'NASCAR is way faster from this' and also many car companies models are much different in America to their European counterparts and SEAT don't even sell any models in the USA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First they need to sort out the regs and not change them throughout the season.
    Stop going to boring street circuits as they don't lend themselves to have great racing.
    Restrict the manufacturer entries to 3 or 4 cars to stop them flooding the grid with identical cars.
    Reduce the costs for teams as that's what killed the teams back when they ran the DTM. First thing is to group the races in the same region together on the schedule so it reduces travelling costs.
    Scrap the reverse grid or have it like the BTCC so drivers don't aim for 8th in the first race just so they get pole for the 2nd.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Perhaps ditch the two race format, instead have a hour long race with a mandatory pit stop. Another thing to do is not ban diesel cars, but find a decent way to balance the performance with the petrol cars. Discounted entry rate for zero emision cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    have a maximum number of cars per team or manufacturer so that the train is abolished - or just ban it. It makes a mockery of pole when "he" only got it because he was dragged round by some poor chum who forfeited his right to try.
    Make the cars in each team different visually. Half my problem when watching the WTCC now, is all I see is a Seat, BMW, Seat - I cannot easily see the difference and therefore I miss the change in positions. Chevy have so improved theirs this year.
    Make the races a little longer so that tyre wear becomes a bigger factor
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    have a maximum number of cars per team or manufacturer so that the train is abolished - or just ban it. It makes a mockery of pole when "he" only got it because he was dragged round by some poor chum who forfeited his right to try.
    Make the cars in each team different visually. Half my problem when watching the WTCC now, is all I see is a Seat, BMW, Seat - I cannot easily see the difference and therefore I miss the change in positions. Chevy have so improved theirs this year.
    Make the races a little longer so that tyre wear becomes a bigger factor
    How many cars would you limit to each team? I would limit them to 3 cars

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    how about the qualifying applies for race 2 only.

in race 1, a randomized grid system is used. on the friday of race weekend a grid draw is conducted. throughout the season, each driver will start on every row of the grid once in the season. so if they upped the race meetings to 14, and we got grids of say 28 cars again, thats 14 races (the other half being decided by quali) and 14 different rows to start on. which side of the row is randomized and drawn like a less extravagant world cup draw with balls and pots.
    over the course of the season this is fair and produces exciting racing, without having to resort to the silly reversed grids.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    More teams, no ballast, less Seats, no TDI's and better tracks.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do it like FIA GT3 a few years ago:
    > Each Manufacturer can have 3 teams of a maximum of 3 cars representing them
    > Each team MUST have a different colour scheme
    > All S2000 cars from around the world should be eligable
    > One off entrants should not be penalised with Ballast
    > Race weekends should comprise of either 2 races of 30mins or 1 race of 1 hour (possible two-driver enduros as well)
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    Do it like FIA GT3 a few years ago:
    > Each Manufacturer can have 3 teams of a maximum of 3 cars representing them
    > Each team MUST have a different colour scheme
    > All S2000 cars from around the world should be eligable
    > One off entrants should not be penalised with Ballast
    > Race weekends should comprise of either 2 races of 30mins or 1 race of 1 hour (possible two-driver enduros as well)
    nice, but id rather go for 2 45 minute races.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.