Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Has she lost anything or is it that she races against 8 car fields until the merger? As the teams that crossed over have gotten more dialed in, she keeps going further backwards. And, being a spec series, there is only so much speed in these cars. Every team is getting closer and closer to those limits. She no longer has an equipment advantage. The fact is, she never "had it". That is why I've continued to tout her lack of achievements going back to the beginning of her pro career.
    Yeah, I don't really think Danica has gotten better (or worse) in the last 2-3 years. Simply, the equipment has gone downhill a bit, and the competition has gone up. She has not risen to the occasion.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Once Danica joined the IRL and landed with AGR who IIRC was the best team at the time. Her results with them were consistently average. If she is so good how come she only produced 1 win and 1 tease at the I500?

She is going to get crushed at Nascar. At least she's getting paid very well. Eventually the hype needs to produce results or the supporters will turn on you.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Old F==t racer/wrench/crew chief/sort of engineer before computers here.
    DF has in my opinion never been able to communicate properly with her engineers. Just going from what I have read and an extremely few inside sources.
    I have kept up with the technology.
    Sometimes a really sharp engineer can deduce from data what a driver needs if said driver can explain clearly what the car is doing.
    Usually it takes a driver who has clear understanding of exactly what the car is doing where on the track. DF seems to be able to describe what a car is doing in general terms but not exactly what and where. A car can be loose on entrance, tight in the middle and loose on exit or any assorted combos of the above.
    To sort out handling the engineer needs to know exactly where in a turn a car is doing what according to the driver and then using his computer data make one of myramid adjustments to sort it out.
    Some top engineers, if they can actually observe a car in turns, can sort out problems.
    Ain't as simple as most people think.
    Danica does not seem to have the ability to analyze what her car is doing where in enough detail.
    She is not the only one with that problem!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GREAT JOB PRINCESS- QUALIFYING 23RD AT INDY !!!
    Let's see the Danicafan spin this one... All year long he's been yapping about how great the princess is on ovals and especially at Indy where her weight is an advantage... Well maybe this year no more special parts or what ever... JEEZE Louise getting out-quali'd by the likes of Ana Beatriz, Simona de Silvestro, and 0.02 MPH faster that the fearsome Bertrand Baguette ("The Racing Breadroll"). Congrats to the THIRD fastest woman at Indy...

I am HOWLING with laughter on this one - go to Nascar you phony self-promoter and run at the back there and be sure to sign up your new sponsor "Car Won't Go, daddy". Let's see who she blames for this one.... Whoops too late, she's already publicly blamed TK and the car set up... well Booooooo to you too !

Results, spots 10-24
    10 - Townsend Bell, 225.097 mph
    11 - Justin Wilson, 225.05 mph
    12 - Raphael Matos, 225.029 mph
    13 - Mario Moraes, 224.888 mph
    14 - Davey Hamilton, 224.852 mph
    15 - Mike Conway, 224.583 mph
    16 - Marco Andretti, 224.575 mph
    17 - Ryan Hunter-Reay, 224.548 mph
    18 - Dan Wheldon, 224.465 mph
    19 - EJ Viso, 224.38 mph
    20 - Tomas Scheckter, 224.261 mph
    21 - Ana Beatriz, 224.243 mph
    22 - Simona de Silvestro, 224.228 mph
    23 - Danica Patrick, 224.219 mph
    24 - Bertrand Baguette, 224.189 mph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Her team joined the fans in booing her, by skipping the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    My how the mighty have fallen.

Gary
    t
    They skipped the post qual photos. There was a closed door scream fest afterwards.

Normal team photo:
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    t
    They skipped the post qual photos. There was a closed door scream fest afterwards.

Normal team photo:

Great job Eagle Eye. This pretty much tells the story of today.

Here is all you need to know...

Princess joined Rahal/Letterman Racing. Before she got there, they were a winning race team and the defending Indy 500 champions. When she left, the team was in shambles.

She bought her way into Andretti's team. Before she got there, they were a championship team. Wheldon won the 500 for them and they dominated the series. The team has steadily gone hill since she arrived and seems to be about to implode at any minute.

Coincidence? Nope.

I thought the worst response (of the MANY she gave today) was when a reporter asked her what she could do to improve the car. Her response? "I don't know, that's somebody else's job".

NOT....A....REAL....RACER.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Great job Eagle Eye. This pretty much tells the story of today.

Here is all you need to know...

Princess joined Rahal/Letterman Racing. Before she got there, they were a winning race team and the defending Indy 500 champions. When she left, the team was in shambles.

She bought her way into Andretti's team. Before she got there, they were a championship team. Wheldon won the 500 for them and they dominated the series. The team has steadily gone hill since she arrived and seems to be about to implode at any minute.

Coincidence? Nope.

I thought the worst response (of the MANY she gave today) was when a reporter asked her what she could do to improve the car. Her response? "I don't know, that's somebody else's job".

NOT....A....REAL....RACER.
    Scotty, I don't always agree with a lot you say but THIS is what I've been saying for 3 years now!!!! Can I get a heck ya from the peanut gallery?

And EagleEye, for good observation and thank you for that perspective. I have to admit that I almost cried laughing...and I mean that seriously. Then a bit of compassion came over me and I actually felt bad for Danica for a moment. To see her sitting there all by herself has to be a lonely and humbling feeling. I've been no fan of hers over the years in case some of you missed it but this is sad. Now I don't feel compasionate anymore so on with the debacle!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    I am HOWLING with laughter on this one - go to Nascar you phony self-promoter and run at the back there and be sure to sign up your new sponsor "Car Won't Go, daddy". Let's see who she blames for this one.... Whoops too late, she's already publicly blamed TK and the car set up... well Booooooo to you too !
    Did she seriously blame TK for the bad car setup and her low qualifying result? I only watched parts of the quals show, but I find that hard to believe, and pretty pathetic if true (for so many reasons).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    t
    EagleEye, thanks for the pictures. As the saying goes, a picture says a thousand words. To see a team ignore her like that is a shocking statement, but hardly unexpected. When she stomped out of her car at Indy a few years ago to go after Briscoe, no one on her team did anything. When she spun into the Ganassi pit at the Glen, the lack of speed of her crew to retrieve her was notable. But this.......

One has to wonder how long Michael will put up with this attitude. No wonder she gets a new strategist every year. If she pulls a stunt like that in NASCAR, she will be history in a big hurry.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    EagleEye, thanks for the pictures. As the saying goes, a picture says a thousand words. To see a team ignore her like that is a shocking statement, but hardly unexpected. When she stomped out of her car at Indy a few years ago to go after Briscoe, no one on her team did anything. When she spun into the Ganassi pit at the Glen, the lack of speed of her crew to retrieve her was notable. But this.......

One has to wonder how long Michael will put up with this attitude. No wonder she gets a new strategist every year. If she pulls a stunt like that in NASCAR, she will be history in a big hurry.
    I think it may be a situation within the team where they feel like she's trying to "have her cake and eat it too" regarding her foot in the door at NASCAR. Might not be all that interested in giving her top notch stuff when it seems fairly clear that would prefer to be racing in NASCARland instead. I guess you could also call that an attitude problem. Like if you are working for Microsoft and starting to do freelance for Apple and stating you'd prefer to be working for Apple once you have mastered their programming. In the mean time you'll keep collecting paychecks from Microsoft. Yeah, your co-workers and bosses at Msoft might not be too enthused about you sticking around and affecting morale, constantly reminding everyone that there's a bigger and better place to go.