Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know anything about that area, but if it's done right, the whole community would get behind it and the attendance would be pretty good. It would be successful because it is one of the biggest entertainment events of the year, in that area.

Bringing in tourist dollars is another issue. Maybe with the tourism industry being so established in that area, they'll know how to do it. Otherwise, there would be a delay until the event becomes established, for the tourist money to be significant.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The IRL just keeps looking for little places to run street races where as 10 years go, Street races were evil and never made money according to the IRL braintrust and its fans. Now they cant find towns small enough.

If the IRL wants to follow this strategy, I will watch, but it hasn't worked for Champ Car in markets such as Denver, what makes them think Gulfport will work?

The IRL can find a small town to race in if Gulfport doesn't work for them, just run up to Trois Rivieres Quebec, the street race there has been around for 30 years plus and the infrastructure of the track is basically permanent now. It would make more sense to me than some of the ideas they have had lately.

Honestly, what are the people at IRL head office thinking??
    But it is not the IRL looking for them, it is the promoters looking to bring in the IRL. That is why there isn't a race in San Antonio or Quebec City. These are all promoters who want the IRL to come, and I am sure that BB said tat yea, of you guys can get this, this and this done and inplace that we will race there, and right no it has only been St. Pete and Detroit. I for one would actually love to see them run Trois Rivers and said in this very forum that CC would be better running there than that club track in Mont Tremblant.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That 'club track' in Mt. Tremblant has hosted the original Can-Am, Trans Am when Ford, AMC, Pontiac, Chev, Plymouth and Dodge had factory teams, F 5000 and F1.
    Have you ever been there?
    The scenery is beautiful as are the women. They can come out of a pup tent looking like they were on a fashion runway!
    You can swim in the lake behind the paddock or if you are good enough in the Devils River to the left of turn 1. But you had better be good if you dive into the whirlpool.
    It is a very difficult and challenging track. Not quite as much as Mosport but close.
    Three Cricks (as we used to call it) is pretty tight, especially through the Arch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    That 'club track' in Mt. Tremblant has hosted the original Can-Am, Trans Am when Ford, AMC, Pontiac, Chev, Plymouth and Dodge had factory teams, F 5000 and F1.
    Have you ever been there?
    The scenery is beautiful as are the women. They can come out of a pup tent looking like they were on a fashion runway!
    You can swim in the lake behind the paddock or if you are good enough in the Devils River to the left of turn 1. But you had better be good if you dive into the whirlpool.
    It is a very difficult and challenging track. Not quite as much as Mosport but close.
    Three Cricks (as we used to call it) is pretty tight, especially through the Arch.
    Texas World Speedway hosted a lot of big races in the 70's as well, but I don't see any major series trying to run there.

I call it a club track because that is what it is, it isn't set up for the big races. The paddock is small, there are no suites, no grandstands or major spectator facialities. It is a lot like a lot of track that are being built in the US (Arizona Motorsports Park, Autobahn Country Club, BeaveRun, etc).
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Biloxi-Gulfport area is still rebuilding. The local minor league hockey team will resume play in October.

Homestead-Miami Speedway was built as a project to rebuild the area after Hurricane Andrew in 1992.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8