Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    First there is a debate about whether or not Muslims should be allowed to protest on Wootten Bassett. Then, the UK government decides to wave the magic "terrorist wand" and now Muslims are not allowed to protest.
    No. Islam4UK was one of the branches of the Al Muhajiroun, one of their leaders Omar Bakri Mohammed was banned from the UK back in 2005.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4144792.stm
    The self-styled "sheikh" ran the radical al-Muhajiroun group from Tottenham, north London, until it was disbanded last year.
    He is famous for praising the 9/11 hijackers as the "magnificent 19".

The group rebranded itself mid-2009, and so the UK government didn't just wave the magic "terrorist wand" and stop all Muslims from protesting, but made a specific ban against a specific group of people.

There is a distinct difference between Muslims generally and terrorists, quite clearly you have failed to grasp this.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo

There is a distinct difference between Muslims generally and terrorists, quite clearly you have failed to grasp this.
    You fail to grasp that this is a religion that is more oppressive than most, that preaches death to non-believers, glorifies suicide, tolerates and still practices child abuse directly based on its religous precepts, treats women as chattel, second class, with no rights and arranged marriages with multiple wives, and forcefully discriminates based on religion and sex

The only difference is that many are very passive....but those extremists, as you call them are not extremists, but merely practicing the middle of the road religous concepts that others have been too lazy to practicise.....just like "the good germans" who were to passive to act on the beleifs of nazism....

Indeed, it preaches the same bigotry and justifies death to people, based solely on religous grounds, rather than if one is Jewish or aryan race (hahaha--as i think there is no longer a jewish 'race" if there ever was one), as the reilgion of nazism.

Once you understand that, then you will understand the problem, but until then, this
    distinct difference between Muslims generally and terrorists, quite clearly you have failed to grasp
    is one of which some day you may well find yourself or someone you know and love dearly, falling victim to, due to your and others' failure to grasp.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    You fail to grasp that this is a religion that is more oppressive than most
    Do I? Really? Wow. I must have misunderstood what I wrote.

I believe that this was my opening post:
    Although I really hate Islam and a lot of the teachings of the Quran, it doesn't mean that people don't have the right to believe anything they wish.

Furthermore, the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution says that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

Provided the people set up the Mosque within the civil confines of the law, then really no-one can stop them.
    Comment?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've never said that all Muslims are terrorists.

My point is that a mosque should not be built near Ground Zero because it is a slap in the face to the victim's families and Americans. You haven't wrapped your head around that point, have you? Maybe if a terror attack of such a scale were perpetrated in the UK you would think differently.

I'm writing a letter to my Congressman tomorrow morning.
    I don't want a mosque near Ground Zero. No thanks, go away.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Do I? Really? Wow. I must have misunderstood what I wrote.

I believe that this was my opening post:

Comment?
    perhaps I did. But my point remains, one should not dismiss this religion, anymore than the "good germans" should have dismissed nazism.

It is a religion that preaches violence, sex and child abuse and oppression of others based on their sex and their religion as one of its basic beliefs-- along with the other things I mention, and not concepts of peace and brotherhood of other religions.

Christainity and other major religions do not preach this oppression nor violence, although as eki will jump backward through his backside to say, oh yeah but you do not practice what you preach....

be that as it may, we are better to preach peace love and equality and fail to live up to those standards, then to preach violence and oppression and then succeed in living down to those standards.

I do not "hate this religion" I am just disgusted with its principles, and alramed at the nonchalance attitude of others towards it...
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    I for one like the idea - just keep rubbing it in our faces. Keep in mind that the Muslim religion could be declared something other than a religion. Keep pushing the pendulum.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Building a mosque near ground zero would not be a good idea because muslims caused the 9-11 attacks, and there should be no reminder of the people who caused the attacks in New York.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Building a mosque near ground zero would not be a good idea because muslims caused the 9-11 attacks, and there should be no reminder of the people who caused the attacks in New York.
    If they had been christians, would it be OK to build a church there?
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    you mean if christans blew up twin towers?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    you mean if christans blew up twin towers?
    Yes.
    I could really use a fish right now