Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Honor, blood and a brewing battle - The Aftermath of the Civil War by Ed Hinton

ESPN has a interesting series of articles written by "Ed Hinton" about CART-IRL civil war - 15 Years after it started and its aftermath. As a well respected journalist, Hinton pens the article from a pretty neutral point of view with plenty of juicy details. Part 1 is already up. Whether your a longtime CART or IRL fan, this a very good read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...medium=twitter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting article. Looking forward to the next parts,
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Ed Hinton is the greatest journalist covering racing today...and he gets it right....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ed Hinton was a NASCAR shill for years and consistently bashed CART/Champ Car whenever he could.

There is nothing in the articles that wasn't common knowledge among true fans. His own recollections of his thoughts on the subject back then is in political speak, un-truthful.

There are no true Motorsports Journalist working for any major or even medium size news portal. That is the nature of the business.

Bad mouth a series enough and kiss your credentials goodbye. I can attest to that.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Ed Hinton was a NASCAR shill for years and consistently bashed CART/Champ Car whenever he could.

There is nothing in the articles that wasn't common knowledge among true fans. His own recollections of his thoughts on the subject back then is in political speak, un-truthful.

There are no true Motorsports Journalist working for any major or even medium size news portal. That is the nature of the business.

Bad mouth a series enough and kiss your credentials goodbye. I can attest to that.
    Tony..I have read you..and Hinton. I think Hinton just might a little more gravitas.....and he was on the money about all the BS that was going down....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    and he was on the money about all the BS that was going down....
    That is true. It is also stating the obvious.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Tony, if you notice a lot of people on this board only want to see one side of the obvious.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is the continuation:http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/column..._ed&id=5217415-- he is arrogant and biased but at least it give a different view of things.

I never thought much of Sports Illustrated racing coverage as they know less about auto racing technicals, that an average garage mechanic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Apparently bullet trains full of "Change" aren't always good.... Maybe the President could learn something here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that's a really interesting article. A lot of things I never knew about, & some different angles to consider.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus