Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

qualifying stampede can anyone stop the bulls

the last time 1 team dominated qualifying with 6 from 6 was 1998

with McLaren-Mercedes HAKKINEN and COULTHARD with 12 pole positions for the season
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I don't know. No, maybe. Sometimes something funny might happen, but in normal conditions, unlikely. It seems that RBR are improving. Something like the fall of Brawn last year needs to happen, or the championship may be quickly over.
    Formula 1

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Can't remember where I read it (possibly autosport) but the Red Bull is now generating 120kg's more downforce than any other package on the grid. Hence their dominance at spain.

To keep up with RBR is going to be difficult, but to catch up? Near impossible unless someone is working on something out of this world. As I see it, top speed is still a bull weakness so perhaps the low downforce circuits can offer the others a shot.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    (whispering)I think that some rainy races fooled us a little that this might be a great championship... I think it won't. (loud) it doesn't matter. we can always analyze tyre degradation. That button is one smooth driver isn't he.

How many races before we'll have 11 teams focusing on 2011? actually 12...

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Mclaren can do the job and probably Alonso in the Ferrari - and writing off Mercedes at this juncture is unwise. Kubica also split the RB06's at Monte Carlo qualifying.

There are 13 grands prix still to run and the top is very close in the championship.

The law of diminshing returns will ensure this championship.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    (whispering)I think that some rainy races fooled us a little that this might be a great championship... I think it won't. (loud) it doesn't matter. we can always analyze tyre degradation. That button is one smooth driver isn't he.

How many races before we'll have 11 teams focusing on 2011? actually 12...
    The degradation is now not about tyres this season [Bridgestone yesterday said that Alonso could have gone the entiure race on one set] - its about brakes.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    The degradation is now not about tyres this season [Bridgestone yesterday said that Alonso could have gone the entiure race on one set] - its about brakes.
    he went 77 out of 78, or something like that. So we can see he did.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Monaco isn't the best best example as a yardstick to compare how long a tyre lasts due to the nature of the circuit IMO. Its a very slow circuit and its been seen in previous years, that drivers can go more than half the race on the same set of tyres. Monaco puts more strain on the gearbox than anything else. Turkey will be a real test to the brakes of the Red Bull with the heavy braking zones of turns 9 and 12. The tyres will be punished alot more with more high speed corners like turns 2, and 8. Istanbul Park is a favourite of Massa and Hamilton doesn't have a shabby record there either. I just hope Mclaren can pull out a significant update in time for the next round.
    I think the BBC did an interview with Martin at Monaco where he suggested there were now further upgrades (at least large ones) planned for the next handful of GP's.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I don't know. No, maybe. Sometimes something funny might happen, but in normal conditions, unlikely. It seems that RBR are improving. Something like the fall of Brawn last year needs to happen, or the championship may be quickly over.
    I can't see the same thing happening to Red Bull... unlike Brawn last year, they have a sponsor and know where their next £ (or should I say €) is coming from.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I read that also and I think it may well have been in autosport. They were producing 120kg more downforce and also in top gear around turn 3 (Spain), whereas the other teams were unable to get around it flat out without running wide. The grip they have is tremendous, and it'll be amazing if either Ferrari or Mclaren catch them this season. We can but hope and it'll certainly make it alot more interesting..
    I dunno. I'm looking forward to seeing the hotshot Vettel and Webber go nose to nose. If others can sneak in on the fight then great, but it should still be exciting even if there are only two fighting for the title.

That said, whilst the bull is clearly fastest it isn't exactly reliable atm, so a Button or an Alonso could hold onto them in the points race without ever having the pace to beat them.