Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

George Harrison "Faster"

I purchased the disc from Jolly Olde on ebay and it was shiped Royal Mail the day Heathrow was closed due to volcanic ash.
    It just arrived today
    http://www.jpgr.co.uk/k17423.html
    I paid 25lb's sterling for it.
    1978 release and never been played
    It's in mint condition with original pakaging.
    Here is the video that George made for it!

[youtube]jMm4bhs6GYY[/youtube]
    May the forza be with you

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    [quote="Tazio"]I purchased the disc from Jolly Olde on ebay and it was shiped Royal Mail the day Heathrow was closed due to volcanic ash.
    It just arrived today
    http://www.jpgr.co.uk/k17423.html
    I paid 25lb's sterling for it.
    1978 release and never been played
    It's in mint condition with original pakaging.
    Here is the video that George made for it!

quote]
    never cared much for the start of the race with everyone bumping into each other but the rest is great
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    George Harrison had a long standing interest in motorsport, to the extent of financially supporting the likes of Barry Sheene and Damon Hill IIRC. He was a regular at GP's over the years and got to know a number of drivers very well.
    Jackie Stewart was one of them, and he talks about Harrison quite extensively in his book.

I think Harrison's son Dhani worked at McLaren for a time as well.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    George Harrison had a long standing interest in motorsport, He was a regular at GP's over the years and got to know a number of drivers very well.
    Jackie Stewart was one of them, and he talks about Harrison quite extensively in his book.
    The thing that got me started on my quest to acquire this little piece of memorabilia was watching F1 Legends on Justin TV. I don’t know if anybody else uses this resource but it continually streams F1 Races between last season back to the 60's.
    I was watching a GP I think it was in the turbo era or just a little earlier. The commentator started mentioning celebrities that were attending the race. I think it was either Monaco or Silverstone but to be honest a lot of time I just put it on when I lay down to snooze, as watching old auto races seems to work as a good tranquilizer for me. At any rate the commentator mentioned that there were some celebrities at the race, to my surprise (although not that surprising to me now), he (the commentator ejaculated) :
    “There is Mark Mark Knopfler, and George Harrison sitting together". The public persona of the guitar player for the immortal Beatles at least in the states was that he was very into Eastern Religion something I thought was slightly opposed to sitting in a huge crowd with the sweet sound of F1 lumps blasting your brains out. Then I realized this is something that is also like religion to Brits, and he embraced it like so many of his countrymen also do.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    George Harrison had a long standing interest in motorsport, to the extent of financially supporting the likes of Barry Sheene and Damon Hill IIRC. He was a regular at GP's over the years and got to know a number of drivers very well.

I think Harrison's son Dhani worked at McLaren for a time as well.
    Gerhard Berger was another close friend of the quiet Beatle, and his eldest daughter once was Dhani Harrison's girlfriend.

Also, in the Beatles' Anthology TV series, George Harrison can be seen being interviewed in his home in front of an Ayrton Senna McLaren poster.

@Tazio: 25 quid is actually quite a bargain for the "Faster" picture disc, I paid almost twice as much for my copy a few years ago (after having looked for one for ages).
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by gm99
    Gerhard Berger was another close friend of the quiet Beatle, and his eldest daughter once was Dhani Harrison's girlfriend.

Also, in the Beatles' Anthology TV series, George Harrison can be seen being interviewed in his home in front of an Ayrton Senna McLaren poster.

@Tazio: 25 is actually quite a bargain for the "Faster" picture disc, I paid almost twice as much for my copy a few years ago (after having looked for one for ages).
    I saw one listed for 67 quid but I don't know if it sold!