Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Need advices to live in NZ in 2011 (with rally way)

Hi all rally fans,

I post a special request on the Asia Pacific section for a good reason: I dream since I known the WRC, to discover New Zealand and live there one year or more. This is one of the most beautiful countries, with lots of different and incredible landscapes (volcano, tropical forest, coast, mountains ...). Moreover, the aim is to learn and discover a new culture than my European one, meet new people and way of life and most important improve my English !

In fact I will be graduated as an engine engineer at the end of the year, so perfect time to travel and live somewhere else in 2011.

As a huge rally fan like all of you, I try to find a post on this incredible motorsport to continue to live my passion and improve my skills. In fact, I have numerous experiences in rally:

- Co-driver since 2007
    - Volunteer mechanic in French gravel championship from 2005 to 2007
    - Beginner race engineer on Fabia WRC in 2009 (2 races)
    - Internship of 3 months in Skoda Motorsport at Mlada Boleslav (Czech Republic) in 2009, in the technical department as an apprentice engineer (awesome experience)
    - Reece co-driver for Manu Guigou (Clio R3) in French tarmac championship in 2010
    - Run in a Fabia WRC on gravel (JC Lavigne) and in a Fabia S2000 with Hanninen during test pre-Barum
    - Photographer and spectator on 20 rallies per year (WRC, IRC, French championship (tarmac and gravel)).
    - I make a website with a friend: http://www.only-rally.com and a kind of blog during my internship at Skoda Motorsport (http://bidouentchequie.blog.free.fr/, only in French at this time)

So as you see, I’m very implicated in my passion so able to make a job in it.
    I don’t find especially an engineer post, but more a job to live my passion and time I will spend in NZ: money isn’t my leitmotiv, passion yes! “This is my life” like said Petter Solberg. For example it could be:

- A technical job for national team in rally or V8 supercar for example (chief mechanic, manager, engineer) --> kinds of jobs I can make thanks to my degrees and experiences
    - In media job (photography, reporter)
    - For the national federation of the NZRC
    - And more ...

So, I need helps from you and your contacts to reach this goal. I will study all propositions and offers even if I know that it will be difficult but I will try hard to reach this dream. At the same time, I search for more typical jobs and collocation.

Thank you to in advance for your precious help and hope I will meet some of you next year in NZ

I can give you my resume and cover letter if you are interested

Best regards

Victor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Victor

Send me your cv if you want. I dont know of any "paying" jobs, but I'll see what I can do.

Raymond Bennett
    Vice-President
    Motorsport New Zealand

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Victor,

Please send us your CV, we own a Structural Steel Engineering company and also our children Sloan and Tarryn Cox compete in the NZRC.

Thank you
    Toni Cox
    DIRECTOR
    TASLO ENGINEERING

coxt@xtra.co.nz

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...9176055&ref=ts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck for this endeavour.
    Drop me a PM and I will give you a few suggestions also.
    BTW, the firm mentioned above by ToniC would be great to work for I reaken, awesome family
    RIP Malcolm ;( Hope you have an audi quattro up there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dear Mister,

I'm very happy that my request interests people who are deep implicated in rally in NZRC

I sent you my CV in your email boxes.

I remain at your disposal for additional informations or any questions

Thank you again very much for your help

Victor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Up !

I sent many mails to Mr Tony Cox and Raymond Bennett but no answers
    Any news about this project ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Toni Cox is a lady.
    Got your message, but said would reply if we found anything.
    As yet, nothing that would pay you a decent salary is available within the sports organisation.
    As for working for a team?...I can count on one hand the number of teams in NZ that have paid crew. And most of those have to have another job to subsidize thier living expenses.

If you want to be involved on a casual/unpaid basis...I don't think you would have a problem, however I'm guessing you need a job so you can get a Visa?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crunch
    Toni Cox is a lady.
    Got your message, but said would reply if we found anything.
    As yet, nothing that would pay you a decent salary is available within the sports organisation.
    As for working for a team?...I can count on one hand the number of teams in NZ that have paid crew. And most of those have to have another job to subsidize thier living expenses.

If you want to be involved on a casual/unpaid basis...I don't think you would have a problem, however I'm guessing you need a job so you can get a Visa?
    Oups, i'm sorry for Ms Toni Cox

You are totally right and I understand that it will be difficult to find any paying job in motorsport before going to NZ.
    Of course, have a job to live and an other one in my passion in motorsport is a good idea, and I think a most realistic one. Like proposed Ms Cox who has an engineering company and in the same time her children in NZRC

I continu to search for opportunities

Moreover, I thank you Mr Benett to follow this project and for your help. For sure it will work

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not to thread derail too much but can anyone tell me what 3g cellular technologies are used in NZ, also, if known, what the 4g technology will be. Here in the states the predominant 4g tech will be LTE (europe and parts of asia too). May be popping into and out of NZ sometime in 2011 and am trying to figure out what to do regarding cell carriers (one phone two different SIMs would be ideal for instance).
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Mobile in NZ
    www.vodafone.co.nz
    www.telecom.co.nz/mobile
    www.2degreesmobile.co.nz
    www.telstraclear.co.nz

I would think the point of travelling to NZ is to escape your stateside life for a while, could you leave the mobile at home ?