Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First of all go Google and type in WinRAR - then you can get the program to unpack the files and you will have a readme in there somewhere to help you along.
    http://www.wrc3f.tk|| CMR2 BRC Yorkshire/McRae Tribute Winner :) ||

Liked 535 Times in 190 Posts
    Ok, after getting a new PC a few days ago I can finally use the pC version of Richard Burns Rally

So, please can someone explain how to install new cars? I have downloaded some but there is no info in the readme files and I can't work it out....
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Anyone???

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Anyone???

Be damned if I can find it but there is a mod program you can download at BHM that allows you to install the extra cars yet keep all the origonal physics files for the impreza intact (This seems to be the car all the new cars were modelled on) by having two seperate ways to start up RBR.. iirc. In saying that.. I did have problems getting it to work well.

If you cant find it.. hopefully someone will point u in the right direction if you ask them nicely.

Btw.. Are you using a wheel for this? If so.. there are some changes you will have to make to the standard settings before it will work well..

PM me if u need any help in this regard..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Seems to have changed since I last looked... try the RSRBR III mod downloadable from this page http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RBR/downloads/1191 Has all the tracks and surface options for each, many carpacks and has its own interface.

Aparantly they are working on RSRBR IV but the page wouldnt open for me for some reason.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have a look on the BH Motorsports website for the latest version of the Ford Focus WRC 2006. That comes with a read me which includes full instructions on how to install the car. That should give you a basic understanding of how things work for any other downloads that don't come with a read me.

Would strongly recommend making a back-up of files before over-writing so you can quickly put things back to how they were should something not work as expected.

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    I'm glad someone mentioned the RBR Czech site here http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/?setlng=eng cos I'm there quite often. Its plugin tournament system is one of the best online rallying formats I've seen around. In short its brilliant. I'm glad that they're now supporting the S2000 cars too.

On the subject of adding new cars it works like this, if you want to add in cars without having to run RSRBR and mods like that, i.e just click the main RBR.exe file and play the game as is but with the new cars. For eg. if you want to play the RBR Czech site stuff you need to download the cars and physics from their site (they have tons!). You install them each like this:

1) Unpack the car model files into the "cars" directory of RBR.
    2) Look in the readme file of the model that you downloaded, it should state something about opening cars.ini (also found the the RBR/Cars directory) and editing some lines from X to Y, it normally looks something like this: [Car02]
    FileName = "Cars\zr\zr.sgc"
    IniFile = "Cars\zr\zr.ini"
    ShaderFile = "Cars\zr\zr_shaders.ini"
    ShaderSettings = "Cars\zr\zr_shader_settings"
    TexturePath = "Cars\zr\Textures\"

You have to change it with this:

[Car02]
    FileName = "Cars\Polo_s1600\Polo_s1600.sgc"
    IniFile = "Cars\Polo_s1600\Polo_s1600.ini"
    ShaderFile = "Cars\Polo_s1600\Polo_s1600_shaders.ini"
    ShaderSettings = "Cars\Polo_s1600\Polo_s1600_shader_settings"
    TexturePath = "Cars\Polo_s1600\Textures\"
    3) follow the instructions (its a copy and paste exercise), however you dont need to replace the specific car they've stated you must replace (the above example shows you replacing the MG with the S1600 Polo, but I actually replaced the Hyundai Accent with this car).
    4) You should have downloaded the physics for this car as well. Unpack them somewhere (anywhere, doesn't really matter, you can delete them after this process). Now find physics.rbr in the main RBR directory and open it with winrar. Your unpacked physics folder should contain a directory called "h_accent" or "m_lancer" or something like that. In our case above you are replacing the MG, so the unpacked folder should be "mg_zr". Just delete this out of the physics.rbr file and then click on "add" in winrar and find the unpacked physics folder and click ok. It now adds it to the winrar file and you then just close the file and it saves automatically. If you did like me and replaced the Hyundai, then just change the name of the unpacked physics folder from "mg_zr" to "h_accent" and then put it in the physics.rbr file and its done! (when changing to a different car and not sure what to call the folder, just look in the physics.rbr file and see what that car is called).
    5) In the case of this example, start RBR, selet the MG (or in my case the Accent) and start a stage, and bingo sitting there will be a bright shiny new Polo or whatever the heck you chose! =D

Just a word of warning for those using RSRBR IV and other mods of that type - after doing the above process for all the cars you want to add, backup or save the cars.ini file (found in the Cars directory of RBR) and the physics.rbr file into a seperate folder, because when RSRBR unpacks its mods it returns the game back to its original state, which means overwriting those particular files and you'd have to start all over again! Rather just back them up so you can copy them in again afterwards.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Thanks Bruce, I am sorted now

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    No problem. I've only recently found all that out myself and yeah it does seem as though everyone keeps it as a secret, so I was lucky that I found somewhere that explained how to do it.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't get to play much, I haven't even got through all the RBR stages, but I'm wondering why we don't have a RBR championship here in the forum, seeing that it's one of the more realistic game.