Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Webber

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Mark Webber

The guy deserves his own thread as I sometimes feel that he gets a fair amount of stick when he screws up but not enough credit when he is as incredible as he was in Spain.

This is a guy who came to F1 the hard way - working at race schools to fund himself in his early european career - and when finally making it to F1, spending several years in tail end or mid pack squads.

Now he's got a top car most expected the hotshot Vettel to blow his doors off but Mark is showing that he can really be regarded as one of the elite.

Now come on Webs; put together a season long charge and prove that you can beat Vettel on a regular basis!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree 100% Sonic.

It was great to see him get out in front and stay there. Hopefully the team and MW can continue to show this good form in a week when they hit the streets of Monaco.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch06
    I agree 100% Sonic.
    First time for everything I guess!

Welcome btw...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's probably Webber's last, and best, chance to be the champion, and he showed yesterday he has the ability. I agree with the Massa comparison, if he's at the front it's no problem but he's not capable of fighting through the field.

Having said that, he's had the reliability, so if Vettel keeps running into trouble then Red Bull might have to start backing him towards the end of the season, and with the speed of the car he's got a good chance.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Mark Webber reminds me alot of Massa in some respects. He's not the best at fighting his way through the field and has shown to be aggressive and easily spooked on ocassion. His two tussles with Lewis and Massa in Australia this season, and his push on Barrichello at the Nurburgring last year spring to mind.

Saying that he is extremely fast and showed he has the mindset to focus on the job in hand and put in the fast laps when needed to maintain a lead. He blew the field away yesterday, and gave one more reason the Red Bull not to get rid of him at the end of the season. If it has to be a Red Bull WDC this year I certainly hope it is Mark..
    Me too!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    The Massa comparision has some validity. However there are, I feel, reasons behind those throw away moments that Mark has displayed from time to time.

It has to be remembered that he was desperate to take his debut win last year, and IMO that made him more reckless at the ring. The same can be said of every Oz GP since 2001 - so focused on doing well at home that he spooks himself: almost an anti-Mansell home ground factor.

Now the first win monkey is off his back and Oz is behind us for another year I believe that Webs can hold it together for the rest of the year.

Webber for WDC!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Mark is on his day on pair with Seb. But, he is a bit Red Mist proneŽjust like Lewis.

All in all, he one of the good guys.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Mark is on his day on pair with Seb. But, he is a bit Red Mist proneŽjust like Lewis.

All in all, he one of the good guys.
    Just like Troels Hartmann!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    I think Webber can be summed up with:
    - very fast driver
    - poor racer

When he gets pole and gets a clean start, he's very difficult to beat. When he has to fight with other drivers for position, he's likely to cock it up.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristjan
    I think Webber can be summed up with:
    - very fast driver
    - poor racer

When he gets pole and gets a clean start, he's very difficult to beat. When he has to fight with other drivers for position, he's likely to cock it up.
    He has several red-mist moments but is generally not bad at fighting through the field. He had some brilliant moments moving through the field last year.

Whatever he was doing differently yesterday, he needs to do more consistently.