Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    If we had 100,000 fans like this for each driver in the series, then race tickets would be very hard to come by. Danica is not the best, but Danicafan is one of the best fans.
    Thanks EagleEye!
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If we had 100,000 fans like this for each driver in the series, then race tickets would be very hard to come by. Danica is not the best, but Danicafan is one of the best fans.
    Perhaps, but that kind of fandom is the little to intense for my liking bordering on unhealthy/obsessive . Perhaps if it was fandom for a driver whose most significant talent was not sex appeal, I wouldn't get that cringing feeling.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peasant
    Perhaps, but that kind of fandom is the little to intense for my liking bordering on unhealthy/obsessive . Perhaps if it was fandom for a driver whose most significant talent was not sex appeal, I wouldn't get that cringing feeling.
    Your view peasant about me being a fan is what makes me mad. Just because Danica is female, Im automatically a weirdo or its a sex thing, and that is just simply not true. Yes, she is a very pretty woman, I wont argue that, however, I like her for who she is, her talent, her personality, and she is fun to be around. If I had the same amount of memorabilia for a male driver, no one would say a thing.

One of my best friends is the biggest Dale Sr. and Dale Jr. fan I know of and he has so much of thier stuff it makes me look like I barely collect any Danica stuff. Do I think he is weird, no, its being a great fan. I see a lot of people painting rooms up with college or pro team colors of various sports, and this is no different, just a racing theme.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Agreed. We razz the hell out of him, but we all admire the guy's dedication....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Your view peasant about me being a fan is what makes me mad. Just because Danica is female, Im automatically a weirdo or its a sex thing, and that is just simply not true. Yes, she is a very pretty woman, I wont argue that, however, I like her for who she is, her talent, her personality, and she is fun to be around. If I had the same amount of memorabilia for a male driver, no one would say a thing.

One of my best friends is the biggest Dale Sr. and Dale Jr. fan I know of and he has so much of thier stuff it makes me look like I barely collect any Danica stuff. Do I think he is weird, no, its being a great fan. I see a lot of people painting rooms up with college or pro team colors of various sports, and this is no different, just a racing theme.
    I've already said my piece on the rest so I'll leave it at that, but honestly you're the first person I've ever seen write or say that about her. Normally it's carefully neutral or quite the opposite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, as for being a "good fan", I would suggest that there is no bigger Paul Tracy fan than me, and there was no bigger fan of Rick Mears than me. I idolized Michael Jordan and without the Steelers or Yankees I'm certain the world would cease to rotate on its axis. I go to multiple races per year, subscribe to multiple media outlets, watch pretty much each and every session in one way or another. In short, I doubt anybody here spends much more time or money and dedicates themselves to certain sponsors simply because of their involvement with particular drivers and series. I'm not saying I am THE BIGGEST or BEST fan, I'm saying I am as big of a fan as it comes. Newsflash, I don't do freaky stuff like this. I'm an adult over the age of 18 so to each their own but in no way shape or form does this feakshow stuff determine what kind of fans we need more of. More simply, Indycar (we) need more fans, period. More fans like the majority of the people on these forums, more fans like ME! So lets please stop with the coddling of FakeDanicaFan, it is weird behavior for an adult, period.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Agreed. We razz the hell out of him, but we all admire the guy's dedication....
    No doubt about the dedication and unlike some who post on forums, he never cuts down another driver. But personally, I just don't get the man cave deal.........
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    No doubt about the dedication and unlike some who post on forums, he never cuts down another driver. But personally, I just don't get the man cave deal.........
    That isn't true BB, he regularly slams Milka although nobody can blame him. It all goes back to Milka standing up to his Princess and throwing a towel in her for him, THE NERVE!! He also quickly jumps on any driver having contact with said Princess (i.e. Lloyd hitting her right front with his left rear at Barber, etc.). In other words, if his driver is involved in any way, he always blames the other guy and ridicules them regardless of fault. But honestly, I don't care about any of that. Those are the topics that make racing a sport and give us all stuff to talk about. We gotta have spirited debates about drivers, don't you think? That is what is all about to me.

BTW, makes me remember arguing with my little bro growing up...PT or Michael...no it was the other guys fault. LOL.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice work D-fan. Are you going to have to do this all over again when she heads to Nascar full time? Or is her color scheme the same there also? Jag and the others are right, no one can say your not a hard core fan. Don't know if I could stand that garish color scheme of her sponsors though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    Nice work D-fan. Are you going to have to do this all over again when she heads to Nascar full time? Or is her color scheme the same there also? Jag and the others are right, no one can say your not a hard core fan. Don't know if I could stand that garish color scheme of her sponsors though.
    Thanks DBell. Her paint scheme in NASCAR is the same. When I get all my memorabilia back in there, it will look different. A lot of the walls will be covered by shelves, car parts, pictures, etc.

And Turn3, you can never agree with anything I say. You always disagree, argue, make a smart-arse comment, or do all 3. Like I told you before, I dont know what I ever did to you (nothing to be honest) to make you so negative and I cant change that, only you can. So I dont know what YOUR problem is, jealousy, perhaps ?

OK, back on topic. I will post the pics when I get my stuff back in there.