Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts

Good God!

Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth
    This stage will run as the last stage and is 71.8km/44.61miles.

It may be split into 2 though.

Well iif they are brave enough to run it as it is then it will be spectacular- Epynt, Route 60, Halfway and Crychan- A real challenge!

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Turns out this isn't real. Apparently there will be some tarmac used on Epynt this year though.
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts

Nice windup!

Turns out this isn't real. Apparently there will be some tarmac used on Epynt this year though.
    I was fooled!!!!! If only eh!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Had to laugh when I read the first post, then it got funnier when people took it seriously

Engage brain before posting Just think about it a bit, would you?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What do you mean apparently??

You drew the stage on multimap in a deliberate attempt to wind people up on here as you stated in your facebook status.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Creative joke though...

Anyway, some 30 years ago they used to have a very famous stage in the swedish BergslagsRally (it was a snow rally normally run in january). The stage was called "Björnjägerens Minne" - translated: The Bear Hunters Memory Stage. It had different lenght every year, and the longest version I can recall was 91 kms! Stig Blomqvist used to drive the Saab 99 Turbo, and the fueltank was too small to complete the stage. So the Saab team sent in a service car with extra fuel on one of the access roads. Stig had to do a pit-stop midstage to get extra fuel, but as I remember he still completed the stage to win it. I think driving time on the stage was close to one hour!

Some swedes on the forum will certainly be able to correct me if I have remembered something wrong, but the "Bear Hunters Memory Stage" surely has to be the monster rally stage of all times (not counting Safari Rally type stages/sections).

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    Creative joke though...

Anyway, some 30 years ago they used to have a very famous stage in the swedish BergslagsRally (it was a snow rally normally run in january). The stage was called "Björnjägerens Minne" - translated: The Bear Hunters Memory Stage. It had different lenght every year, and the longest version I can recall was 91 kms! Stig Blomqvist used to drive the Saab 99 Turbo, and the fueltank was too small to complete the stage. So the Saab team sent in a service car with extra fuel on one of the access roads. Stig had to do a pit-stop midstage to get extra fuel, but as I remember he still completed the stage to win it. I think driving time on the stage was close to one hour!

Some swedes on the forum will certainly be able to correct me if I have remembered something wrong, but the "Bear Hunters Memory Stage" surely has to be the monster rally stage of all times (not counting Safari Rally type stages/sections).
    I'm too young to know anything about these personally, but once in a Finnish rally forum there were talk about Tunturiralli (Arctic Lapland as it is known nowadays). Apparently there were two stages - Sevettijärvi and Angeli - of which Sevettijärvi was over 100 kms and Angeli some 90 kms. Imagine being caught in the snowbank in the middle of either stage in a weather colder than - 35 degrees...
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    I'm too young to know anything about these personally, but once in a Finnish rally forum there were talk about Tunturiralli (Arctic Lapland as it is known nowadays). Apparently there were two stages - Sevettijärvi and Angeli - of which Sevettijärvi was over 100 kms and Angeli some 90 kms. Imagine being caught in the snowbank in the middle of either stage in a weather colder than - 35 degrees...
    Sevettijärvi was 120km long.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    Creative joke though...

You are so right. It happened in the late 70´s and early 80´s.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts
    The biggest stage ever made in Portugal had 70.6km, after that was the 56.5km of Arganil