Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    from where did you get this, or is it somekind of i think like this so it has to be like this? Here atleast they will show WRC more than ever before in tv.
    I have no data - feeling in terms of minutes on the screen and the availability of this channels also important.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    The worry is as quoted by mjh is that the gearboxes are now going to be pneumatically / hydraulically operated. (and getting hydraulics right is difficult and expensive) so I fear that we wont have such a saving that brings manufacturers in droves.
    Do you have a source for this information? If it’s true the cost will increase if 100.000 euros gearboxes are allowed. It would be better with same type of gearboxes used in S2000 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
    the car is just one part of the costs, the teams will still have the same(?) costs for things like research, catering, mechanics, PR, transports and etc...

cost saving was one one of the arguments when the ETCC/WTCC was started using S2K cars but how many factory teams is there in WTCC today?
    That’s true but I think designing and developing a WRC car accounts for the major costs today.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    Do you have a source for this information? If it’s true the cost will increase if 100.000 euros gearboxes are allowed. It would be better with same type of gearboxes used in S2000 at the moment.

That’s true but I think designing and developing a WRC car accounts for the major costs today.
    There was an article in UK publication Motorsport News - apparently Morrie Chandler was unhappy about the situation (about the gearboxes) and so was Christian Loriaux. It can post post an electronic version.