Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Is there a map of the stages published anywhere. The website is not very informative.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    It's too early for maps in my opinion.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    Is there a map of the stages published anywhere. The website is not very informative.
    As far as I can see the stages will be the same as last year (rally timetable is virtually identical)
    so this link will give some good indication
    http://acisanremo.it/rallysanremo/20...20pubblico.pdf

Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Visionary
    Cheers Mintex.

I really can't see why it's too early for maps. It's only 8 weeks out and the roads must be locked in and the information public by now.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Cheers Mintex.

I really can't see why it's too early for maps. It's only 8 weeks out and the roads must be locked in and the information public by now.
    One phrase - Programme sales. The later the stages are publicly known the greater the 5-euro per book income.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    In my country they always reveal maps late because they don't want both illegal recce of crews and crazy driving of media/spectators through. That makes organizers problems with getting permissions for next years. It's especially important in case of private roads.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    ....and they are Italian you know

Seriously though, even getting the information a couple of days before the event is fine I'd say. Mostly the same roads are used so there can't really be too much variation.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]In my country they always reveal maps late because they don't want both illegal recce of crews and crazy driving of media/spectators through. That makes organizers problems with getting permissions for next years. It's especially important in case of private roads.
    Over here we don't have that issue at all. There are heavy penalties applied to competitors who are found driving the rally route even as a course of daily routine without permission so it generally doesn't happen. And media/spectators are not a problem.

With my own national series event we publish the routeas early as we possibly can - for this year's event 3 months prior. It allows poeple to plan, whether they be competitors, spectators, landowners or other regular road users.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Over here we don't have that issue at all. There are heavy penalties applied to competitors who are found driving the rally route even as a course of daily routine without permission so it generally doesn't happen. And media/spectators are not a problem.

With my own national series event we publish the routeas early as we possibly can - for this year's event 3 months prior. It allows poeple to plan, whether they be competitors, spectators, landowners or other regular road users.
    I am a part of organisation so I can say the situation from my point of view. Of course, in every country is difficult situation. We dont have so big problems with illegal recce like for example in Belgium, but we have lot of problems with normal spectators and "journalists+photographers", who are doing the stages many days/weeks ago and they are making big problems. For sure, people in the village know in time, that their village or some roads will be closed for sure.