Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    KV was fast with all three cars last year. Here is hoping the fourth chassis is just as good.
    Yes KV looked very strong in the speed catagory at Kansas. Supposedly, PT has some big news coming out in a press release tomorrow and I'm sort of thinking in might have something to do with a new tub...just my read. Certainly that would make sense considering the amount of beating KV's supply took last year from Mario and so far this year from their "stable" of drivers. I think KV will be really strong at Indy and PT will have a legit shot at it so long as he stays out of trouble all month.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    dfan....are we betting on danicas oval championship run or not?

you said you wanted too, yet fail to define some terms

what gives?

are you really a danicafan or nothing more than a office secretary that works for her agent that runs around attempting to keep folks interested in her brand?
    Sure. You have paypal ? We could make a friendly wager and pay that way.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Sure. You have paypal ? We could make a friendly wager and pay that way.
    Paypal?.... I'm sure I could figure it out

what's the stakes?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Let's take this off line guys.

why?

its directly related to on-track racer performance is it not?

would you rather we were talking Tv ratings or the destruction Tony did to the sport?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BARRY GREEN JOINS KV RACING TECHNOLOGY TO ASSIST PAUL TRACY, GEICO, INDY 500 EFFORT
    Former 500-Winning Car Owner Returns To Serve As Race Strategist

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (May 4, 2010) - - KV Racing Technology announced today that former Indianapolis 500-winning car owner Barry Green has joined the team to assist on Paul Tracy's No. 15 GEICO - KV Racing Technology Honda/Dallara/Firestone entry in this year's Indianapolis 500 Mile Race set for Sunday, May 30.

Green, whose team won the 1995 Indy 500 with Jacques Villeneuve driving, returns to the famed Brickyard to work with Tracy as the race strategist for the GEICO - KVRT operation.

Green and Tracy come back together at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the first time since the controversial 2002 Indy 500 finish when Tracy was awarded second place in the No 26 Team Kool Green car. In the 2002 event, Green and Tracy protested the finish as they felt Tracy had passed leader Helio Castroneves in turn three on lap 198 before the caution lights were lit for a turn two crash. Green's organization filed a written protest that was heard by a special committee. On July 2, the committee announced the protest was disallowed with Castroneves retaining the win.

Green later that year sold his Team Green operation to Michael Andretti, Kevin Savoree and his younger brother, Kim, and Andretti Green Racing was formed to compete in the 2003 IndyCar Series. Tracy captured the 2003 Champ Car World Series championship.

"I'm very excited to return to the Indianapolis 500 and work with Paul again," said Green, one of open-wheel racing most respected executives. "Paul and I both feel we have some unfinished business at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I want to thank (KV Racing Technology team owners) Kevin Kalkhoven and Jimmy Vasser for this opportunity to assist Paul and his GEICO crew throughout the month. I have worked with John Dick (Tracy's engineer) on numerous occasions and I believe we have a strong effort to challenge for an Indy 500 victory."

Tracy, a six-time Indianapolis 500 starter, is delighted to have Green back calling his race this year.

"With my tenure at Team Kool Green, Barry called every one of my races and called all of my race wins including winning the 2002 Indianapolis 500," said Tracy. "When Jimmy (Vasser) and I sat down at Long Beach to discuss our Indy 500 plans, Jimmy told me he couldn't be as hands-on with my car as he was last year. He asked me to explore the right person to help me at Indy. It didn't take long to think of Barry. He has the same desire and commitment to winning as I do. Obviously, he was my choice to work with me this year. I know we have some unfinished business at the Speedway."

Tracy's entry will be the fourth for KVRT in this year's Indianapolis 500. Tracy will team with rookie Takuma Sato in the No. 5 Lotus - KVRT Honda/Dallara/Firestone car, E.J. Viso in the No. 8 PDVSA - KVRT Honda/Dallara/Firestone car and Mario Moraes in No. 32 KV Racing Technology Honda/Dallara/Firestone machine. The 100th anniversary of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race will be held in 2011.

"Paul asked me about bringing Barry in for the Indy 500 and I was elated," said Vasser, the 1996 CART series champion. "I had to race against Barry's team for many years, and I can appreciate his expertise in calling races. Having him with KV Racing Technology gives us an added bonus as we prepare to enter the month of May and the biggest race in the world. I am very pleased with our four-car lineup for the Indy 500."

Green, an Australian native, has an outstanding racing resume including competing as a driver in Formula Three before taking leadership of racing organizations such as Paul Newman's Can-Am team, Forsythe Racing, KRACO Racing and Forsythe-Green Racing. Team Green was established in 1994 and sold to Andretti Green Racing in 2002.

Last year, Tracy drove the No. 15 GEICO - KVRT Honda/Dallara/Firestone entry to ninth at Indianapolis. In addition to the Indy 500, he also drove at Milwaukee, Watkins Glen, Toronto, Edmonton and Mid-Ohio last year.

Tracy has competed in 270 IndyCar-type events during his career and has established himself as one of the top drivers in open-wheel racing history. The resident of Las Vegas, Nev., is among the top-10 in almost every career statistical category including wins, 31 (sixth all-time), poles, 25 (eighth all-time), and laps led, 4,231 (sixth all-time).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    BARRY GREEN JOINS KV RACING TECHNOLOGY TO ASSIST PAUL TRACY, GEICO, INDY 500 EFFORT
    Former 500-Winning Car Owner Returns To Serve As Race Strategist
    On twitter yesterday Paul sid there would an announcment that would stir the pot.

Well Paul, great move... mission accomplished!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A great tweet from our man PT:

paultracy3: I called Barry and said , hey Elroy it's Jake , I'm putting the band back together , we are on a mission from god !!
    Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, here is the revised Indy 500 entry list with Graham Rahal now confirmed in the #30 car with Rahal Letterman Racing....

Car# & Driver / Car Name / Team / Race Strategist

#2/2T- Raphael Matos / HP Luczo Dragon / DeFerran Dragon Racing / Jay Penske
    #3/3T - Helio Castroneves / Team Penske / Team Penske / Tim Cindric
    #4/4T - Dan Wheldon / National Guard Panther Racing / Panther Racing / John Barnes
    #5/5T - Takuma Sato / Lotus-KV Racing Technology / KV Racing Technology / Dave Brzozowski-Garrett Mothersead
    #6/6T- Ryan Briscoe / Team Penske / Team Penske / Roger Penske
    #7/7T - Danica Patrick / Team GoDaddy.com / Andretti Autosport / Tom Anderson
    #8/8T - EJ Viso / PDVSA-Jet Aviation-KVRT / KV Racing Technology / Bill Pappas
    #9/9T - Scott Dixon / Target Chip Ganassi Racing / Target Chip Ganassi Racing / Mike Hull
    #10/10T - Dario Franchitti / Target Chip Ganassi Racing / Target Chip Ganassi Racing / Chip Ganassi
    #11/11T- Tony Kanaan / Team 7-Eleven / Andretti Autosport / Michael Andretti
    #12/12T- Will Power / Verizon Team Penske / Verizon Team Penske / Clive Howell
    #14/14T - Vitor Meira / ABC Supply Co. AJ Foyt Racing / AJ Foyt Enterprises / AJ Foyt
    #15/15T - Paul Tracy / GEICO - KV Racing Technology / KV Racing Technology / TBA
    #16/16T - TBA / AJ Foyt Racing / AJ Foyt Racing / TBA
    #17/17T - TBA / Rahal Letterman Racing / Rahal Letterman Racing / Scott Roembke
    #18/18T - Milka Duno / CITGO / Dale Coyne Racing / Darren Crouser
    #19/19T - Alex Lloyd / Boy Scouts of America / Dale Coyne Racing / Dale Coyne
    #20/20T - Ed Carpenter / Panther Racing / Panther Racing / TBA
    #21/21T - Davey Hamilton / HP Luczo Dragon / DeFerran Dragon Racing / TBA
    #22/22T - Justin Wilson / Team Z-Line Designs-DRR / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Matt Curry
    #23/23T - Tomas Scheckter / Mona Vie / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Larry Curry
    #24/24T - Mike Conway / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Dennis Reinbold
    #25/25T - TBA / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
    #26/26T- Marco Andretti / Team Venom Energy / Andretti Autosport / Kyle Moyer
    #27 - TBA / AFS Racing / AFS Racing / TBA
    #29 - Sebastian Saavedra / William Rast-Bryan Herta Autosport / Bryan Herta Autosport / Bryan Herta-Steve Newey
    #30/30T Graham Rahal / Rahal Letterman Racing / Rahal Letterman Racing / TBA
    #32/32T - Mario Moraes / KV Racing Technology / KV Racing Technology / Mark Johnson-Nathan O'Rourke
    #33/33T- Bruno Junqueira / FAZZT Race Team / FAZZT Race Team / TBA
    #34/34T - Mario Romancini / Conquest Racing / Conquest Racing / Eric Bachelart-Michael Palawski
    #36/36T - Bertrand Baguette / Conquest Racing-RACB / Conquest Racing / Todd Malloy
    #37/37T - Ryan Hunter-Reay / Team IZOD / Andretti Autosport / George Klotz
    #41/41T - AJ Foyt IV / ABC Supply Co. AJ Foyt Racing / AJ Foyt Racing / TBA
    #43/43T - John Andretti / Team Window World / Richard Petty-Andretti Autosport / John Anderson
    #66/66T - Jay Howard / Service Central-Sarah Fisher Racing / Sarah Fisher Racing / TBA
    #67/67T - Sarah Fisher / Dollar General-Sarah Fisher Racing / Sarah Fisher Racing / John O'Gara
    #77/77T- Alex Tagliani / FAZZT Race Team / FAZZT Race Team / Rob Edwards
    #78/78T - Simona De Silvestro / Team Stargate Worlds-HVM / HVM Racing / Michael Cannon-Vince Kremer
    #98/98T - TBA / CURB-Agajanian-Team 3G / CURB-Agajanian-Team 3G / Greg Beck
    #99/99T- Townsend Bell / Herbalife Ganassi-Schmidt Racing / Chip Ganassi Racing/Sam Schmidt Motorsports / Andy Brown
    #06/06T - Hideki Mutoh / Formula Dream-Panasonic / Newman Haas Racing / John Tzouanakis
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice find jimispeed. I miss those two guys and Larry Bud Melman. They were always so much fun.

Gary