Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    what is the difference between a b class driver in a top spec car and a top class driver in a b class car ?? the results will still not be there....

and what makes you think that mini/BMW/prodrive will have the budget to pay for a top spec driver ??

nobody will ever expect mini to be competitive on their 1st year...not even their second....but i doubt if its going to be able to manage and be ahead of the citroen junior team.
    Did I mention results? I mentioned variety and being entertained by something different than the usual suspects.

...and obviously you know they don't have the budget because you have access to all financial records at BMW and Prodrive.
    With limited seats available and many top drivers out of a job, I seem to think it won't be too expensive or difficult to find the right drivers for the job.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    I am not trying to diminish prodive, BMW or anyone involved in the project....the thing is i see 3 things that they have failure written all over them

1. The mini crossover is the wrong car to go with...the mini itself would be a better choice

2. I see only rumours so far for an involvement in the 2011...thats 7 months from now....no testing not even a plan (long or short term)

3. BMW a car collosus are tipped to use one of their sub manufacturers for their involvment... we know how thats usually ends from previous examples.

and for those who are going to argue with the old "So NOT you know far better than BMW and prodrive when it comes to rallying" the answer is.... yes i do.
    1. Why? what's the difference.

2. A version of the Mini has already been tested

And 2011 rules are very different to what the SX4 was up against.

The success of this project, is down to how the project is run and how good engineers they get.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I agree with NOT. No testing now would mean they will be pretty sucky in 2011
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 86 Times in 37 Posts
    Well mate, but remember that if you donīt know about something, so it does not necessarily mean that it doesnīt exist Maybe they are testing somewhere in wasteland for a long time yet
    And donīt forget Fiesta S2000 project, it was really similar. Talking about from everywhere, but first pictures of car was sometimes in autumn...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walach
    Well mate, but remember that if you donīt know about something, so it does not necessarily mean that it doesnīt exist Maybe they are testing somewhere in wasteland for a long time yet
    And donīt forget Fiesta S2000 project, it was really similar. Talking about from everywhere, but first pictures of car was sometimes in autumn...
    Meh, I don't buy that argument. Things will always get out, shells will be spotted etc etc etc.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.