Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Waldegard and Mikkola, followed by Vatanen for sure!
    Carlos Sainz and Juha Kankkunen to follow.
    Agreed but let's not forget Colin McRae
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets hope the Hall of Fame doesn't turn into the Drivers' Hall of Fame. It is interesting so far that people only listed drivers for their nominations. Rallying goes a lot further than that. Co-Drivers, Manufacturers, Clerk's of Course, Motor Clubs like ACM and RAC, Sponsors, Officials and the Media have all contributed amazingly over the years, and what a kick in the face it would be if these people were not recognised.

And whoever questions Colin McRae's ability to match the criteria to be a member of the Hall of Fame, take a long hard look at yourself. Not only did he win the World Championship in 1995 and came close many other times, his service outside of driving is outstanding. His work through the media has really evolved rallying and helped get many more people interested, especially through his games. If I asked any of my non-rallying friends if they know anyone, they know Colin McRae. Even after his passing, his talent and charisma will always be remembered.

If anything, the criterion for induction into the hall of fame should be partially shaped on Colin's career. Not only was he a great competitor, but he gave back to the rallying community, which is his greatest feature.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I vote in Oliver Quesnel for the hall of fame now. Because he has a dapper red jumper at the events and sounds French.
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    K then going on Mitch555's post i would also vote Alex Gelsomino but his career isn't over yet.
    R.I.P COLIN MCRAE

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch555
    Lets hope the Hall of Fame doesn't turn into the Drivers' Hall of Fame. It is interesting so far that people only listed drivers for their nominations. Rallying goes a lot further than that. Co-Drivers, Manufacturers, Clerk's of Course, Motor Clubs like ACM and RAC, Sponsors, Officials and the Media have all contributed amazingly over the years, and what a kick in the face it would be if these people were not recognised.
    Absolutely. I would expect to see Henry Liddon & Martin Holmes. Peter Ashcroft & Ove Andersson. Maybe even Jean Todt himself.

If anything, the criterion for induction into the hall of fame should be partially shaped on Colin's career.
    Bollocks. He was a hard charger for sure and great entertainment. It could be argued that his Playstation games put modern rallying into the living rooms of the unconverted. But, whether or not you think he should be included, it's nonsense to suggest that the criteria be written around him. And there are many who should be inducted before him ... Mikkola, Waldegaard, Blomquist, Vatanen, Alen, Frequelin, Ragnotti, Rhorl, Darniche, .... .... ....
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    It has to include co-drivers and those who helped shaped the sport. In terms of drivers I would like to see Paddy Hopkirk and Erik Carlsson included
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    Bollocks. He was a hard charger for sure and great entertainment. It could be argued that his Playstation games put modern rallying into the living rooms of the unconverted. But, whether or not you think he should be included, it's nonsense to suggest that the criteria be written around him. And there are many who should be inducted before him ... Mikkola, Waldegaard, Blomquist, Vatanen, Alen, Frequelin, Ragnotti, Rhorl, Darniche, .... .... ....
    I didnt specifically mean to say the criteria be written around him (I'm not a Colin McRae = God, person), but I think giving back to the sport should be a criteria. Its all good and well to be a good driver, but I like people who give back to the sport which made them great.

I think of Clerks of Course, Administrators, Co-Drivers, Team Principals, Engineers, Media Personnel... You wouldn't induct Guy Frequelin, Ove Andersson, David Richards or Jean Todt on their competing talent alone because that is only half their story.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    The hall of fame has stated in their press release, that this not for drivers only, but as suggested here, it can include any people that have had great influence in the sport.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Ari Vatanen

http://www.wrc.com/video/browse-all/...anen/?vid=1951

But this is also good. Haven’t heard before pace notes what is on this video at about 1:40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwvIRuCLbyg
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa