Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    one more predictable repetitious post, and you will be held in contempt.
    Where you already are. Surrounded by soiled tissues and a BNP manifesto.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Where you already are. Surrounded by soiled tissues and a BNP manifesto.
    No way Pedro, I flush 'em once I fill 'em.

Mind you, it's been a busy weekend, I've had to break open the Bounty kitchen roll.......

And I voted Fancy Dress this time around sweetness.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The thread was Jenson and Rubens, it turned into Hamilton and Alonso. We all know a rookie isn't supposed to equal the 2 time defending world champion, at the best team. But that's what happened. And if it weren't for the fiasco at McLaren with Freddy, Hamilton would be 2 time WDC. Fred didn't like the fact a 'black guy' was meeting or exceeding his proud spanish @ss. He snitched on his employer, twice. How do you defend this guy? At least Hamilton did what was told by his employer. The little lie in Melbourne? So what? Trulli went off track and Hamilton passed. But when they raced together, Fred ran Hamilton off track, held him up in the pits AND on track in qualifying, and you defend him? Hamilton is no saint, but to rate Fredo above him is pathetic, especially considering what he did in his <4 short years compared to alonso's <9 years.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    How good is Lewis compared to others. Forget about Alonso, he was the duck of Ron after Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    According to Martin Brundle F1 has 3 megastars...

I'd have to agree.

Iīm sure you would, and of your pick.

Jenson could prove you wrong this year.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    More podiums place him higher? When did that bit of bs creep in?
    Any driver finishing on the same points finishes equal in the championship, and its ALWAYS been that way.
    What a surprising comment... surely it has ALWAYS been the case that ties on points are broken by who finished in higher positions more times? F1.com has Peter Whitehead finishing ahead of Louis Chiron in the championship by virtue of having a 7th place finish vs. a 9th - in 1950. Both had 4 points from a single 3rd place finish. In 1982 Pironi took second in the championship by having more 3rd place finishes than John Watson.

The picture will get clearer this wekeend and thoose who follows.

I hold my breath.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Rubens was close to Jenson, and previously close to Schumacher on occasions.

Jenson is close to Lewis, and leading him in the title chase so far.

Lewis equalled Alonso in his 1st year, and beat Massa to the title in his 2nd.

Massa equalled Kimi often and is now looking slower than Alonso.

Alonso beat Schumacher to 2 titles.

Schumacher won 7 titles, but is slower than Rosberg, who was beaten by Webber, who is being whipped by Vettel, who lost the title to Jenson.

from that i conclude.....F*** all, other than all the top drivers are just that, top drivers, and on their day are equal to anyone. he who puts together the most performances at their best tends to show up at the top in any given season.

Excellent post

I remember one article in Autosport, think it was around late 90s/turn of millennium time, where someone was saying that through extrapolation of teammate comparisons (qualifying performances I think) through the years you could thus empirically prove that Horace Gould (1950s privateer who while never an embarrassment was not GP class) was a faster driver than Vittorio Brambilla (who while not top notch could be very quick on his day against the likes of Hunt, Lauda, Regazzoni, Peterson, Depailler, Reutemann, Scheckter, all that lot). The point of this example being to disprove the whole science entirely.

These sort of comparisons often send you in circles, Hill beat Villeneuve in '96, JV beat Frentzen in '97, who had the upper hand over Hill when they were teammates in '99. There's too many variables at play, drivers being past (or not yet at) their peak, how they adapt to different teams, technical regulations, and all sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    What picture?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Like has been written in another thread. We have had significant rule changes almost every year, as a result each year puts various drivers into a different light in terms of performance. So we need to be careful about making conclusive arguments. The performances of drivers fluctuate and they do even during the season. Who knows, who will be getting criticized by mid-season. Remember, in 2008 after the opening races Kovalainen actually looked like almost a match to Hamilton!