Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

Rubens on pair with Jenson

Last season Rubens hunted Jenson right to the finish of the WDC. Rubens was a real threat to Jenson in many races.

So far this season its the same with Lewis. It seems the history repeat itself.

Is it also time to revalue Alonso?

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Rubens was close to Jenson, and previously close to Schumacher on occasions.

Jenson is close to Lewis, and leading him in the title chase so far.

Lewis equalled Alonso in his 1st year, and beat Massa to the title in his 2nd.

Massa equalled Kimi often and is now looking slower than Alonso.

Alonso beat Schumacher to 2 titles.

Schumacher won 7 titles, but is slower than Rosberg, who was beaten by Webber, who is being whipped by Vettel, who lost the title to Jenson.

from that i conclude.....F*** all, other than all the top drivers are just that, top drivers, and on their day are equal to anyone. he who puts together the most performances at their best tends to show up at the top in any given season.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    the above, really.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, what looks to be the great thing about this season is that no-one will be defending a big lead in the second half of the season. It has happened many times this decade where a driver who's leading spends the second half of the season fending off rivals.

This year it's different, so I think the champion will be the one who is mentally strongest of the top bunch, the one who can find that extra fraction without losing everything.

At the moment I see that order as Alonso, Button, Hamilton, Massa, Vettel, Schumacher, Webber.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    At the moment I see that order as Alonso, Button, Hamilton, Massa, Vettel, Schumacher, Webber.
    I can't agree with including MS but not Rosberg.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    I can't agree with including MS but not Rosberg.
    As SOON as I pressed Submit I knew someone would say that. The list is personal, and I'm not convinced about Nico. The "I was wrong" may well be visited this season....

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Lewis equalled Alonso in his 1st year, and beat Massa to the title in his 2nd.
    This is the danger of "pointed facts".

Did Hamilton win the title or did Massa lose it?

Massa won more grands prix than Hamilton in 2008. He made less mistakes and it was the failure of his team that caused his title loss - the apology by Ferrari to Massa.

And Hamilton, for all the idiotic hysteria surrounding him - not his fault - made extremely heavy weather winning that title.

Lewis did not beat Alonso in 2007, Mclaren mismanaged whole situation and the team quickly isolated Alonso well before the season ended. Ron Dennis had struck again.

Hamilton and Alonso ended in the same position in the championship.

And the start of 2010, with still a long way to go establishes well that Hamilton is human after all - but then he never claimed otherwise.

It was the Hamilton accolytes which included many motor racing "names" that claimed him to be the "best ever" and so on.

Rubens is a very good driver and has always pushed his teammates including Schumacher.

But it is only certain drivers that engineer themselves to become world champions. And above those are the ones that can do it again and even higher are those who are capable of doing it consecutively, like Alonso and Schumacher.

Rubens is not one any one of them - in the end he did not even finish second in the championship.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    What I meant was that we now have an excellent opportunity to revalue Lewis and Rubens for example, now when we have Jenson as a stick.

But ofcourse, it could also be that teams favour one driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Jenson is a stick, is Lewis a carrot?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    IMO the car and the moment have a lot to do, drivers performance are not so constant, I mean, look at Schumacher, a big part of the problem is that the car just doesn't suit well his driving style, apart from obviously his age and his 3 years retirement, comparing these drivers is not an easy task, we can compare Barrichello and Button from 2006, from 2008 or 2009 and the result is a bit different I think.