Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

New Silverstone layout

Had a search for this but couldn't see anything recent, more than likely it's been mentioned though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8651303.stm

Anyhoo, what I can't work out is whether they will be using that track this year. The article says something about it being a 2 stage plan and that the pit straight will be moved but I didn't read anything about what course they'll use this year. They also mentioned something about it being completed so I assume that means the new bit of track is nicely laid and ready for racing.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Had a search for this but couldn't see anything recent, more than likely it's been mentioned though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8651303.stm

Anyhoo, what I can't work out is whether they will be using that track this year. The article says something about it being a 2 stage plan and that the pit straight will be moved but I didn't read anything about what course they'll use this year. They also mentioned something about it being completed so I assume that means the new bit of track is nicely laid and ready for racing.
    Yep, using it this year, and the FIA ratified it a while back IIRC.

Next year, the start gets moved as a new pits complex (which will have Bernie dribbling) will be completed by then.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    What Wilko said...

I am looking forward to the new layout, from all accounts there are some big bumps rather than the billiard table smooth surface. So that could be interesting.

The long blast from the reprofiled club, flat through abbey (like the old days) and up to the new complex should offer some real passing chances.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I beleive the new Arena complex at Silverstone was opened yesterday, so yeah, it will be in use from now on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i hope BTCC get to use this layout. probably wont but i can wish lol
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I just think that the idiots at Donington must really be bemoaning their fate. They screwed up...but this new development will keep the British GP where it belongs...

I just don't think the new layout will "improve" the racing....f1 cars need to be changed for that to happen.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    High-res aerial render thingy: http://joesaward.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/100185.jpg

If the attacking driver can stay in the wake of the targeted car through Abbey and the following kink, he can try outbraking him into the first hairpin.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    i like the new layout the first part is nice and flowing, followed by a tight section (seems like an overtaking oppurtunity recipe) and then a good blast down to the penultimate corner. when the pits get built for 2011, silverstone will be a better facility and all will be rosey at silverstone at least.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brawn. Got Merc'd?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RMLCruzeing82
    i hope BTCC get to use this layout. probably wont but i can wish lol
    At 3.66 miles long, how many laps are you going to see? Ginnetta Jnr and Clios would probably do 4 laps........great

Personally I don't like the look of the new layout. I think the loss of Abbey Curve, Bridge corner and the entrance into the complex is a great shame and will detract somewhat from the quality of the racing.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja: