Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    ? A true auto race doesn't include the Indy 500? Wow, good thing you're not in charge of Indycar.
    I'd be ok with running the Indy 500 on the road course at Indy. That would be a heII of a deal, wouldn't it?

BZ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    By your logic then, the only true horse race is a steeplechase, then?

OK Got it!
    I dunno, I'm not an equinophile. I do like horses though - they taste like beef.

BZ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzcam
    I'd be ok with running the Indy 500 on the road course at Indy. That would be a heII of a deal, wouldn't it?

BZ

In the fall, yes. In the month of May? Blasphemy!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    I support this as long as the two winners anre't confused with the true champion. By the way, Homestead won't be part of the oval trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by bzcam
    I have a better idea. Just eliminate the ovals altogether and then there is no need for the dichotomous podium.

In a true auto race, drivers turn left AND right.
    So you would like clock-wise ovals?
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Yes Turn3 and Ken, she can do it. I would take wagers on that.
    DF..I wish I lived near you. I would ENJOY taking your money...lol

That said, I think realistically she could be in the top 5 in the oval standings...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    In the fall, yes. In the month of May? Blasphemy!

Gary
    How About NEVER??? That road course at Indy sucks....whereas that oval....well there is a reason we love the 500 right??

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    As for my opinion of these two championships...unless there is REAL money for this...I am more or less against it. One series, one set of drivers, one set of teams..why two championships? I guess I am warming up to it...but right now I am not sure I like it...

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    As for my opinion of these two championships...unless there is REAL money for this...I am more or less against it. One series, one set of drivers, one set of teams..why two championships? I guess I am warming up to it...but right now I am not sure I like it...
    I agree. one championship is all that is needed. The IndyCar series (and i said this earlier) is great in that in provides a great range of tracks, and splitting it into 2 series just undermines the series' biggest strength, the variety (and undermines the overall championship). and we know the series isn't what the AOWR premier series used to be, so it should play to its strengths, which here it isn't.

That's my view of it anyway.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    I agree. one championship is all that is needed. The IndyCar series (and i said this earlier) is great in that in provides a great range of tracks, and splitting it into 2 series just undermines the series' biggest strength, the variety (and undermines the overall championship). and we know the series isn't what the AOWR premier series used to be, so it should play to its strengths, which here it isn't.

That's my view of it anyway.
    Appairently there is one championship, but just dividing the points up into two categories for some additional cash on the table. For a team like SFR, who will only really be remotely competitive on ovals, maybe this works. For the Penske's of the world...I don't really see the point.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Appairently there is one championship, but just dividing the points up into two categories for some additional cash on the table. For a team like SFR, who will only really be remotely competitive on ovals, maybe this works. For the Penske's of the world...I don't really see the point.
    good point. but really, the Penskes and Ganassis are gonna be the main contenders in the road, oval and overall championships. In that perspective, there is not much point. If the smaller teams benefit, there may be a good reasoning to it, but otherwise it seems pointless.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.